Founded in 2011, GeoLinks is the fastest growing internet service provider in the state. We offer high-speed internet access to businesses, non-profits, and anchor institutions all over California who are looking for a provider that cares about their business and needs. We are a fast-paced, tech-orientated, customer focused company looking for dynamic self-starters who are looking to make an impact. Headquartered in Ventura County our mission is to offer the best company culture around, one that combines respect, collaboration and a “best idea wins” mantra. If you’re looking for a company that wants to hear your innovate ideas as well as a company that is family oriented and believes in work-life balance we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
We are currently seeking a Junior Systems Administrator to join our team. The Junior Systems Administrator must have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware and networks. They will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our company’s computer systems. Daily tasks may include installing, upgrading and monitoring software and hardware. The Junior Systems Administrator will maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, email, laptop, and desktop PCs.
What you'll be doing:
- Configuring and deploying desktop and laptop computers.
- Troubleshooting windows, macOS user issues.
- Administering software and hardware systems, server infrastructure, and data backup systems.
- Performing installations and upgrades on servers and desktop hardware.
- Maintaining hardware inventory systems and documents.
- Performing occasional after-hours maintenance/upgrade/repair work.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who we're looking for:
- Someone with demonstrated knowledge in SQL/TSQL, Shell Scripting, BASH Scripting, Linux (ubuntu, centos,
- Someone with Linux experience preferred
- Someone who Proficient as a user and be able to instruct users on Microsoft Office Suite, Google Suite and related internet software.
- Someone who is highly organized with ability to plan daily, weekly and monthly priorities
- Someone who can work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Someone who has excellent verbal and written communication and follow up skill
- Someone who can handle multiple tasks within specified timeframes
- Someone with the ability to work independently while supporting an overall team mentality
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
· High school Diploma or GED required
· Linux Systems knowledge
· Windows 10 knowledge
· Windows 2012 Server or newer Versions
· Desktop Support
· Hosted Services such as Gmail and Office 365
· Symantec Antivirus
· Printing services
· VoIP Services & VoIP Troubleshooting
· Confident in troubleshooting problems
· Ability to produce clear and concise documentation
· Networking/IT Certifications - not required but certainly a plus
- Full gym, game room, and basketball court for employee and family use
- Paid Paternity / Maternity Leave
- Health, Vision, and Dental Plans
- Long-term Disability
- 100k Life Insurance