Founded in 2011, Geolinks is the fastest growing internet service provider in the state. We offer high-speed internet access to businesses, non-profits, and anchor institutions all over California who are looking for a provider that cares about their business and needs. We are a fast-paced, tech-orientated, customer focused company looking for dynamic self-starters who are looking to make an impact. Headquartered in Ventura County our mission is to offer the best company culture around, one that combines respect, collaboration and a “best idea wins” mantra. If you’re looking for a company that wants to hear your innovate ideas as well as a company that is family oriented and believes in work-life balance we’d love to hear from you!
About the role:
We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Technician with 3 or more years’ experience in the Telecom Industry to grow our Infrastructure and Installation team. We supply the training, tools, and company vehicles. Responsible for the installation and troubleshooting of line voltage electrical and telecom equipment for Geolinks sites (Tower, Roof Top, Mountain Top, Etc.)
What you'll be doing:
- Carries out Infrastructure work orders under the direct supervision of Lead Technician from conception to completion, on time and to code, using electrical, telecommunications, and low-voltage industry’s best practices.
- Maintains logs and documentation
- Uses computer skills to configure networking gear for infrastructure installations.
- Works at height including, extension ladders, roofs, and telecommunication towers in excess of 150’ AGL
- Is mechanically and electrically inclined having the ability to work with hand tools, power tools and wiring
- Follows industry/company standards regarding safety policies and procedures per OSHA, ANSI, and NEC.
- Maintains work areas, tools and PPE in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- Manages time efficiently in the functions of all field related tasks.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Who we're looking for:
- Someone who can work overtime, this position is 40+ hours a week
- Someone who has 3+ years’ experience or equivalent in the Telecommunications Industry.
- Someone who is willing to travel, this position requires weekly travel
- Someone who can work outside in the elements
- Someone with an aptitude for technology
- Someone able to use hand tools
- Someone with a professional-upbeat attitude
- Someone who can pass a driving record check, background check, and a drug screen per company standards
- Someone with a current and valid driver's license
- Someone able and not scared of working with heights as this position requires Tower Climbing
- Someone who can lift/carry excess of 75lbs and up to 150 lbs
- Someone with Tower/Linemen/Electrical experience a plus
- Someone with Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Someone who can sit in company vehicles while driving for up to 4 hours per day
- Full gym, game room, and basketball court for employee and family use
- Paid Paternity / Maternity Leave
- 75% of Health, Vision, and Dental Plans covered
- Long-term Disability
- 100k Life Insurance