The Project Manager is responsible for developing and managing technology projects for customers by managing the cost, time, and scope constraints. The primary duties include creating and maintaining a project plan that communicates tasks, milestone dates, status, resource allocation, and financial status.
• Develop project plans, goals, and budgets while identifying resources needed, developing schedules, and measuring results.
• Understand overall project objectives, as well as the role and function of each project team member.
• Ensure the project objectives and requirements are clear and agreed upon by all team members.
• Coordinate delivery and implementation of projects that meet quality assurance standards.
• Assist project team in design and development tasks.
• Organize and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion with budgetary requirements.
• Drive problem investigation and resolution as required.
• Ensuring that risks are identified, communicated, and mitigated and that projects are delivered successfully through to production.
• Design and maintain technical and project documentation.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer perception and satisfaction.
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
• Escalate project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels.
• Communicate to customers by keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes, agreed outages, etc.
• Maintain specific knowledge of the customer and how our services and products relate to their business strategy and goals.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs.
• Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in as they occur.
• Enter all work as activities, service tickets, or project tickets.
• Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
• Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and techniques.
• Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills.
• Skill in planning and preparing written communications.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment.