The Design and Construction Project Engineer is responsible for supporting a team of Project Managers (PMs) in keeping projects on-time and on-budget.
• Generate and Send bid invitations to subcontractors and upon receipt of bids, review, compare, organize, and file for PM’s final review.
• Attend construction meetings, conference calls and take appropriate notes. Email meeting notes to attendees of the call in a timely manner.
• Assist PM in collecting all Close-out Package documents within 30 days after execution of Substantial Completion. Inventory, scan and distribute.
• Act as a liaison between Project Managers, Owners and Contractors, fielding questions and attempting to resolve issues, conflicts, and emergencies as they arise.
• Draft change orders and include correct contract information including contractor’s name, contract amount, scope of work, construction schedule, plan sheets, and correct signature block. Distribute documents to all parties and follow-up on timely execution.
• Set up proper internal file and folder structure upon jobs being awarded.
• Request, File, and track submittals through completion. Once reviewed and approved, return to subcontractors.
• Request insurance certs; track expiration of all insurance certificates and follow up as needed.
• Manage all drawings, submittals, meeting minutes, RFI’s, etc. and set up projects in the Procore CRM system per company standards.
• Coordinate printing of drawings and managing permit documents.
• Maintain construction files including scanning and posting of electronic files.
• Other duties as assigned including office related tasks and support for Managing Directors.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Superior skills in customer service, communication, organization, problem solving and working knowledge of the commercial general contracting industry. Minimum 3 years experience in the construction industry as a coordinator or work similar to this job description. A 2 to 4-year college degree or equivalent.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to interact with fellow team members, owners, contractors, and others in a professional, effective, and tactful manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Strong decision making, organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills necessary to successfully coordinate projects over extended periods of time through to completion. And the ability to manage a high volume of work, prioritize, and work independently as well as a team player.
Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook. Proficiency in American Contractor a plus but not required.
Knowledge and experience with both Procore and Bluebeam is not required but highly desired.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to type and process paperwork and to frequently talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs, LCDs, and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.