SteelWave is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial assets in the western United States. As investors and operators with a long-standing presence in our core markets—Northern California, Southern California, Denver, and Seattle —SteelWave has been providing high-quality properties to tenants and brokers, and solid returns to investors, for over four decades. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $9B. We currently have 11.3 million SF of assets under management valued in excess of $2.4B.
The Executive Assistant provides executive support and office management and is the primary point of contact for the internal senior management team and for all external clients and investors. As such, this position requires a highly professional, personable, and courteous style which fosters confidence, trust, and cooperation. The ideal candidate must be high-energy, proactive, organized, creative, able to handle a host of difficult situations tactfully, and stay focused and efficient while managing multiple priorities. Must have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion and must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with the utmost discretion. The person in this position will report directly to the CEO and CFO. The person in this position will be located in San Francisco and San Mateo, CA.
This is an Exempt position.
· The primary responsibilities are administrative and involve a variety of daily business activities and tasks, including managing and coordinating extremely active calendars for the executive team. This includes scheduling meetings, appointments, teleconferences, including coordinating with all other attendees, some catering, and ensuring meetings are properly equipped. Arrange complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings, including personal travel and appointments.
· Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the executive team. Serve as the “gatekeeper” to ensure that schedules are followed and respected. Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the executive team and internal departments. This will require strong leadership and management skills to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management team members.
· Answer and prioritize incoming calls to be returned; filter email and mail and handle the most critical requests in a timely manner. Prioritize conflicting needs by determining the appropriate course of action, referral or response.
· Maintain contact lists, electronic and paper filing systems. Prepare and maintain meeting notes and corporate records, and complete critical aspects of all deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the executive team’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
· Prepare and process expense reports. Process Consultants’ invoices. Reconcile and process credit card statements.
· Manage general office needs, supplies inventory (office and breakroom) and equipment servicing. Hire/coordinate with vendors. Serve as liaison with respect to building management issues. Ship/distribute mail and packages. Maintain order and cleanliness of office common areas. Assist HR with on-boarding/off-boarding employees.
· Complete various projects/tasks as assigned, business or personal in nature.
· Occasional overtime is expected.
Requirements & Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Maintaining discretion and confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
· Polished professional with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Must demonstrate progressively significant experience of 3-5 years supporting C-level, fast paced executive leader in relevant capacity. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams) and Zoom.
· Very strong interpersonal skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
· Must be proactive and able to manage multiple deadlines and anticipate management needs.
· Self-starter, adaptable, and flexible with exceptional customer service mentality.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Executive Assistant to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the Executive Assistant is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Executive Assistant is frequently required to talk or hear. The Executive Assistant is occasionally required to stand and walk. The Executive Assistant is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the Executive Assistant is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.