Assistant Property Manager - Silicon Valley
SteelWave, Inc. is a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner and operator, with a comprehensive portfolio of commercial assets in the western United States. As investors and operators with a long-standing presence in our core markets—Northern California, Southern California, Denver and Seattle—SteelWave has been providing high-quality properties to tenants and brokers, and solid returns to investors, for over four decades. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $8.7B. We currently manage a 12,300,000 SF portfolio valued in excess of $2.7B.
The Assistant Property Manager (APM) will report directly to the Senior Property Manager for Property Management functions. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to assist the Senior Property Manager in the management, maintenance and operation of two Class A commercial office projects totaling 275,000 SF located in Sunnyvale and Mountain View, California. The projects will require the utmost attention to maintaining the highest possible level of customer service to sustain and increase occupancy. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with previous assistant property management and/or administration experience.
This is a non-exempt position
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Primary responsibility for all customer service and tenant relations, including first point of contact for tenant requests & coordinating all service calls and follow-up of same. Management of on-site management office, including phones, office services and managing all visitors.
• Primary responsibility for preparing lease abstracts, maintaining insurance certificates, A/R and A/P, monitoring vendors’ activities, and security systems and controls.
• Assist with the management and maintenance of the asset, ensuring the income is maximized, expenses are controlled, and the value of the asset is maintained by sustaining occupancy through the highest level of service to the tenants.
• Assist with the marketing efforts of the project team members to ensure timely leasing and optimum levels of renewals of existing tenants.
• Assist in the timely completion of accurate budgets, monthly/quarterly variance reports, accruals, CAM reconciliations, and other related financial tools implemented by owner, investors and/or lenders.
• Assist with facilitating, monitoring and overseeing all capital and tenant improvements at the property.
• Regularly inspect the asset to ensure the property is maintained at an optimum level and safeguard the security and protection of all tenants and visitors.
• Occasional overtime may be required.
Requirements & Qualifications:
Bachelor degree preferred, and 2-4+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate required. Must be fluent in Word, Excel, and have familiarity in accounting software programs (Yardi platform currently used). Knowledge in office, R&D product types required and leasing experience a plus. The candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and superior skills in tenant relations & customer service, and be familiar with budgeting/financial reporting. Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities.
• Good organization skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Good customer service skills
This employee will assist with the supervision of the onsite staff of building engineer/security /parking as well as contractors and vendors performing work on the asset.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.