Job Description - Payroll Administrator
SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Payroll Administrator coordinates activities of workers engaged in recording hours of work, processing time records, compiling payroll statistics, maintaining payroll control records, and calculating payrolls by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administer multi-state payroll and time reporting for approximately 120 employees.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving accurate time records and payroll, for all exempt and non-exempt employees to ensure compliance with company policies, as well as federal and state labor laws.
- Review, interpret and disseminate policies, processes and procedures to supervisors and employees.
- Process a variety of mass and individual personnel and payroll transactions in a timely manner, including but not limited to hires, separations, merits, salary adjustments, promotions, bonuses, garnishments, benefits adjustments, voids, stop payments, other coding corrections.
- Responsible for creating, generating and/or analyzing HRIS reports on a regular basis, for company and government reporting.
- Collaborate and act as liaison with TriNet in creating custom queries and resolving system glitches and errors.
- Coordinate set-up of new Company data information in TriNet, e.g., business units, locations, worker’s comp class codes, earnings/deductions/tax codes, leave types, etc.
- Assist in quarterly and yearly audits pertaining to 401(k) contributions, Health Spending Account and W-2 reporting.
- Create Pay Period calendars and yearly payroll schedules for TriNet.
- Coordinate recruitment and advertising efforts, including updating and maintaining the Applicant Tracking System and job close-out activity.
- Coordinate I-9 verification, background checks, and onboarding/offboarding activities.
- Assist with performance evaluations and company-wide HR training rollouts.
- Assist with benefits analysis, HR projects and related tasks, as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field with two to five years of relevant payroll processing and time reporting experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior HR and/or recruitment coordination experience is required.
- Knowledge of federal and state wage and hour laws; experience processing payroll and using an applicant tracking system through TriNet, highly preferred.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Customer service orientation that demonstrates responsiveness to customer requests, initiation of informal meetings to build relationships and listening to/anticipating customer needs.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate ability to work effectively across the company at all levels, within unit and external to own group.
- Organizational skills that demonstrate ability to prioritize workload independently and efficiently; process cross-functional transactions with regular interruptions; establish systems to effectively track work assignments; set and meet competing deadlines.
- Mathematical aptitude that demonstrates ability to perform payroll calculations and reconciliations, recognize trends, and create spreadsheets; ability to draft and produce reports in a variety of formats for easy interpretation and use. Careful attention to detail as demonstrated by regularly verifying all work thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work proactively and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision, requesting resources and information as needed to do the job.
- The person in this position must maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Proficiency in MS Office and internet competency. Ability to work with payroll/personnel systems and databases. Willingness to learn new software and technologies, as needed.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the Payroll Administrator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the Payroll Administrator is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The Payroll Administrator is frequently required to talk or hear. The Payroll Administrator is occasionally required to stand and walk. The Payroll Administrator is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster.
Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.