SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
Job Title: Project Engineer
The Project Engineer is responsible for supporting a team of Project Managers (PMs) in keeping projects on-time and on-budget.
Essential Duties and General Responsibilities:
• Send bid invitations to subcontractors; follow-up on timely receipt; review and identify any shortfalls or gaps in the bids.
• Bid analysis and bid leveling to produce cost summaries.
• Attend Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings; maintain and distribute meeting notes.
• Assist with RFIs from Subcontractors and work with design professionals and architects.
• Act as a liaison between Project Managers, Owners and Contractors, fielding questions and attempting to resolve issues, conflicts and emergencies as they arise, along with unexpected projects.
• Generate work releases and change orders and include correct contract information including contractor’s name, contract amount, scope of work, construction schedule, plan sheets and correct signature block. Distribute documents to all parties and follow-up on timely execution.
• Track, organize and distribute submittals.
• Assist PM in collecting all Close-out Package documents within 30 days after execution of COSC. • Seek out and recruit new subcontractors and collect qualification packages.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Superior skills in customer service, communication, organization, problem solving and working knowledge of the commercial general contracting industry. Minimum 3 years experience in the construction industry as a coordinator or work similar to this job description. A 2 to 4-year college degree or equivalent.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills needed to interact with fellow team members, owners, contractors, and others in a professional, effective and tactful manner.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Strong decision making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills necessary to successfully coordinate projects over extended periods of time, through to completion, and the ability to manage a high volume of work, prioritize, and work independently as well as a team player.
Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook. Proficiency in Procore, BlueBeam and Microsoft or other scheduling software desired, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to type and process paperwork and to frequently talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs LCDs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.