SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
Job Title: Superintendent
Job Superintendent is responsible for managing on site construction activities for a variety of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects in order to complete the work on time and on budget consistent with the policies and procedures of SteelWave.
Essential Duties and General Responsibilities:
• Review plans and specifications to obtain clear and thorough understanding of scope of intended project
• Review lease exhibit, building work rules, city building and zoning restrictions to know restrictions and limitations of work site
• Confirm project subcontractor and vendor roster and verify buyout with project manager
• Develop detailed project schedule sufficient for management of and execution of the work
• Coordinate and schedule all subcontractor trades
• Monitor subcontractor scheduled performance
• Conduct preconstruction conferences to make sure long lead materials will be delivered timely,
• Review and approve shop drawings for conformance to plans and specifications, and SteelWave building standards
• Provide tenants, property managers and building visitors with clean and safe work area
• Monitor subcontractor cleanup and provide additional cleanup as necessary to maintain clean work site
• Communicate project status reports to project manager, property manager and tenant
• Advise project manager and design staff of cost reduction options
• Pre-qualify contractors & subcontractors, solicit bids, conduct pre-bid conferences
• Supervise project subcontractors to assure quality work is completed on time and on budget
• Conduct punch list inspections and manage contractors and vendors for timely completion
• Assure timely completion of punch list items and project closeout Leadership & Management Capabilities
• Manage and motivate project subcontractors and vendors to improve their performance
• Solicit and develop good working relationship with a variety of qualified subcontractors and vendors
• Quality and accurate work product delivered consistently on-time
• Work independently with little supervision of work product required by supervisor
• Use sound judgment in decision making responsibilities
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Superior skills in customer service, communication, supervision. A minimum of 6 years of project experience and a 4-year degree in construction, engineering or architecture is required.
Professional level oral and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate.
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts to practical applications.
Ability to define problem, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret and extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Procore, Bluebeam, E-mail, moderate to advanced MS Word, MS Project and Excel spreadsheet capability.
This position requires strong leadership and supervisory skills for management of subcontractors.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands and fingers to type and process paperwork and to frequently talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs LCDs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is not usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.