SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company, and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas, and Phoenix. As a vertically integrated leader in the industry, we source, entitle, design, finance, develop, renovate, lease, manage and sell real estate investments on behalf of many well-known institutional clients. Since its inception, the SteelWave team has acquired, developed, or managed 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
- Manage and maintain the books for multiple commercial properties.
- Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconcile balance sheet accounts including bank reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP.
- Ensure the sub-ledgers reconcile to the general ledger monthly.
- Produce monthly/quarterly financial statements and work with property managers to prepare property management reports and variance analysis.
- Arrange monthly consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting
- Work with Property Controller/Manager on issues related to Loan Administration and Construction Draws.
- Acquisitions & Dispositions - work with Corporate Controller to prepare proration schedules during sale, post-closing entries and write-off of assets.
- Work with property managers to prepare CAM reconciliations and estimates.
- Review and coordinate the input of lease abstracts prepared by property managers.
- Perform and manage day-to-day accounting for assigned properties. Review posted daily cash receipts. Review invoices for proper coding. Reconcile cash accounts. Review and ensure property expenses are properly recorded in a timely manner.
- Monitor tenant AR account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities, and assist the Property Manager in identifying collection issues. Assist property managers in researching tenant issues.
- Prepare requests for disposition of security deposits for tenants who have moved out within the required time frame and copies are filed properly.
- Work with Property Controller/Manager on audit requests and testing.
- Provide ad hoc analysis and reports as needed.
Requirements and Qualifications
· Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred.
· 2+ years of general ledger accounting, real estate property management accounting preferred.
· Experience with preparation of CAM reconciliations for commercial real estate project.
· Experience with financial statement variance analysis with narratives.
· Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, changing environment and effectively interact verbally & in writing with functional department.
· Excellent analytical, organizational, and people skills.
· Experience with Yardi, MRI accounting software preferred.
· Foundational knowledge in Microsoft Excel & Word.
· Must be hands-on, detail-oriented and possess the ability to look beyond the box.
· Ability to work independently and proactive planning are needed to succeed in this position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This is an exempt position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift, up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly.