SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas and Phoenix. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired, developed or managed 6,000 multifamily units, 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Vice President of Acquisitions will report directly to the Managing Director, A&D for the Orange County area. The primary responsibilities of the position will be new deal sourcing, preliminary underwriting and valuation terms on prospective new acquisitions, including preparation and compilation of analytical and investment information, and interfacing with senior management, investment brokers, and existing and new potential investors.
This is an exempt position.
Source potential new acquisition opportunities.
- Timely completion of accurate valuation analysis & underwriting of property acquisitions, development, and value add opportunities, including all supporting financial models, market statistics, and investment summaries.
- Maintain strong market presence, attend networking and market functions. Develop and expand existing external broker & other relationships to develop sources of market and economic data on the real estate fundamentals of the Bay Area real estate markets.
- Execute leasing and marketing strategy within the existing asset base, as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly investor reports, quarterly cash reforecast reports, biannual business plans, and participate in the preparation of presentations of opportunities to existing and potential new investors. Foster strong investor relationships.
- Assist with deal structuring and negotiation of investment terms, and all transaction due diligence progress.
Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor degree required, advanced business degree a plus. 5-10+ years of relevant work experience in commercial real estate required. In addition to specific acquisition experience, strong SoCal market knowledge & experience in office, R&D and industrial product types – including extensive leasing experience is required. Solid broker relationships are a must. Finance, asset management and development experience is a plus. The candidate must have quantitative and analytical skills, and excellent oral and written communication abilities. Other essential capabilities include commitment to meet deadlines, integrity, work ethic & leadership qualities.
May supervise one or more analysts and/or support staff
Ability to travel up to 25% of time by car within the SoCal area. Some limited travel outside SoCal by using air and ground transportation may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly