SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative office, creative life science, and industrial real estate management, operating company and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas and Phoenix. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired, developed or managed 6,000 multifamily units, 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Sr. Associate or Vice President of Acquisitions & Development will report directly to the Managing Director, A&D for the Orange County and San Diego area. The primary responsibilities of the position will be to take a creative approach to new deal sourcing with a focus on value-add and opportunistic investments, preliminary underwriting and valuation terms on prospective new acquisitions, including preparation of analytical and investment information, and interfacing with senior management, investment brokers, and existing and new potential investors. The position will also be responsible for overseeing and managing analysts work product and mentorship.
This is an exempt position.
· Source, evaluate, and close potential new acquisition opportunities throughout Orange County and San Diego, with a specific focus on creative value-add and opportunistic investments.
· Timely completion of accurate valuation analysis & underwriting of property acquisitions, development, and value add opportunities, including all supporting financial models, market statistics, and investment summaries.
· Maintain strong market presence, attend networking and market functions. Develop and expand existing external broker & other relationships to develop sources of market and economic data on the real estate fundamentals of the Bay Area real estate markets.
· Execute leasing and marketing strategy within the existing asset base, as needed.
· Assist in the preparation of quarterly investor reports, quarterly cash reforecast reports, biannual business plans, and participate in the preparation of presentations of opportunities to existing and potential new investors. Foster strong investor relationships.
· Assist with deal structuring and negotiation of investment terms, and all transaction due diligence progress.
· Help lead and mentor junior investment professionals within the regional office.
Requirements & Qualifications
· BA/BS degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field from a top-tier university with strong record of academic achievement. MBA is a plus.
· Sr. Associate: 2-5 years of commercial real estate work experience with an emphasis on the investments side
· Vice President: 5-7+ years of commercial real estate work experience with an emphasis on the investments side
· In addition to specific acquisition experience, strong SoCal market knowledge & experience in office, R&D and industrial product types – including leasing experience is required.
· Proficiency with modeling investments in both Argus and Excel
· Proven success in lead generation, sourcing and identifying deals
· Solid analytical, organizational skills and ability to multi-task
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
· Development, capital markets, and asset management experience is a plus.
May supervise one or more analysts and/or support staff
Ability to travel up to 25% of time by car within the SoCal area. Some limited travel outside SoCal by using air and ground transportation may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t
contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting