SteelWave is a privately held full-service creative life science, creative office and industrial real estate management, operating company and investment management firm. We create spaces focused on elevated and exceptional user experiences achieved through unparalleled design and detailed execution that conjure creativity, flexibility and invigorate collaboration. We’ve built a reputation for successful execution by sourcing sound investments in our 7 key markets: Northern California, Southern California, Denver, Seattle, Portland, Texas and Phoenix. Since 1973, SteelWave has acquired, developed or managed 6,000 multifamily units, 61.3M SF of industrial product and 38.45M SF of office product across our Western United States target markets at a combined cost of over $11.8 billion.
The Design Job Captain will report directly to Design Director or Project Manager. The primary responsibilities of the position will be managing the production of contract documents from conceptual design or design development through construction. This includes the ability to select, evaluate, and implement procedures and techniques used on projects for a variety of tenant improvement and capital improvement projects in order to complete the work on time and on budget, consistent with the Policy and Procedures of SteelWave, CDS, Inc.
Classification: Non-Exempt Position
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Meet with Project Manager, Design Director or SVP to understand priorities and objectives.
- Assist Design Director with client conferences to determine architectural preferences, purpose, and function of environment, finishes and equipment to be installed, and other factors which affect planning interior environments and exterior renovation or enhancement.
- Work with Design Director and Construction team to assist in modifying existing designs to conform with budgetary requirements and make necessary adjustments to the design to achieve a completed project.
- Create Space Plans and Pricing Plans of commercial office suites in support of tenant improvement projects.
- Research finish materials create finish boards and obtain physical samples and product documentation of contemplated finish materials for review.
- Assist the PM to develop a design schedule.
- Use Auto cad and Revit to develop plans, specifications, details according to CDS design standards and guidelines to achieve complete Construction Document sets per given directives.
- Coordinate with project engineering consultants to complete the design consistent with program requirements.
- Submit and process contract documents to local jurisdictions for timely review and issuance of required building permits and governmental approvals.
- Review submittals and shop drawings to assure quality and design intention.
- Conduct punch list inspections with Design PM & Construction Project Manager and Contractor.
- Create project renderings when required in Revit, Sketchup or Photosho
Requirements & Qualifications
- Superior skills in customer service, communication, supervision, design trends, and experience or interest in gaining relevant building code knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years of drafting and production drawings using the latest technology in Auto cad and Revit in commercial projects
- Minimum 2-year associated degree in architectural design, drafting, interior architecture
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, rendering in Revit, 3D Studio Max or Sketchup capability is highly desired
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position requires supervisory skills to manage the production team and other consultants.
Travel: Ability to travel by car within the Denver Area for client meetings, site and project inspection.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly