SteelWave CDS, LLC is a design build general contractor wholly owned by SteelWave Inc., a leading vertically integrated real estate investment manager, owner, and operator, with commercial assets in the western United States. Since 1973 SteelWave has acquired and developed 379 real estate assets at a cost of $8.78 B. We currently manage a 12,300,000 SF portfolio valued in excess of $2.7B. SteelWave CDS was established in 1996 and over the last ten years completed an average of $19M per year in renovation and tenant improvements for life science, office, industrial and R&D projects.
Architectural & Design Director Job description:
The candidate for this position will operate under a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and will possess the necessary breadth of real estate development and architectural experience.
As an Architectural Design Director, you will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, provide creative and process leadership through all phases of projects and a variety of project types. You will be managing the project throughout the lifecycle of the project to provide design direction to the project team.
The Design Director opportunity at Steel Wave will provide extensive opportunity for creating and establishing a design team for the Life Science Repositioning, development and interior improvement for multiple assets in N. California.
In addition, you will be involved in selecting the consultant teams, submittal review and management, consultant coordination and drawing set reviews as it relates to design intent as well as
Classification: Exempt Position
- Experience and skills with a thorough understanding of life sciences facilities, processes, equipment, MEP systems, as well as build-clean construction techniques, and commissioning and qualification.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 7+ years’ professional experience in the pharma, life sciences industry including proven track record of leading the design of large-scale repositioning industrial and commercial office buildings for office & life science use.
- Advanced degree in Architecture or Design preferred with a rigorous design education
- Must be a licensed Architect.
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends in large, shell / core architectural design
- Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
- Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients
- Ability to use REVIT software, including AutoCAD, Sketch up, Photoshop, In Design and Illustrator, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds. The vision requirements include: close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to CRTs and UV rays. Working extended hours may be required as needed. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Note to Recruiters and placement agencies, please don’t contact this job poster. Eligible candidates please apply to this job posting directly