Para solicitar este puesto, utilice el enlace para completar la solicitud en la plataforma TriNet o envíe su currículum y carta de presentación a HR@valleysettlement.org. Alguien se pondrá en contacto con usted para completar el proceso de solicitud.
Programa: Familia, amigos y vecinos (FFN)
Depende de: Manejadora de Familia, amigos y vecinos (FFN) y Apoyo Familiar
Descripción del trabajo:
El programa Familia, amigos y vecinos (FFN) proporciona a los proveedores de cuidado infantil informal en el hogar las habilidades y herramientas que necesitan para garantizar que los niños estén en un entorno seguro y saludable. El equipo de FFN ofrece apoyo y asesoramiento a los proveedores con el objetivo de mejorar la seguridad, la nutrición y el desarrollo de la primera infancia de los niños a su cargo. Los proveedores de FFN se comprometen a participar en un programa de formación y entrenamiento en el hogar de dos años de duración para mejorar la calidad y la seguridad del cuidado de más de 140 niños en el valle de Roaring Fork.
Prácticas antidiscriminatorias: Valley Settlement no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, religión (credo), género, expresión de género, edad, origen nacional (ascendencia), discapacidad, estado civil, orientación sexual o estado militar en ninguna de sus actividades u operaciones. Valley Settlement defiende la inclusión en nuestra comunidad. Honramos las diversas fortalezas, necesidades, voces y antecedentes de todos los miembros de nuestra comunidad.
To apply for this position, please use the link to complete the application on the TriNet platform or send your resume and cover letter to HR@valleysettlement.org. Someone will reach out to you to complete the application process.
Program: Family, Friends and Neighbors
Reports to: Family, Friends and Neighbors Program Manager
Schedule: This is a 40-hour a week position, Monday through Friday. This position requires availability during programming hours from 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, with some Saturday availability required. Times are subject to change based on programming needs.
Benefits: Valley Settlement’s benefits include the following:
Employer sponsored health plan that includes medical, vision, dental and life
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) plan
12 paid holidays annually
Professional development assistance
The Family, Friends and Neighbors (FFN) program provides informal, in-home child care providers the skills and tools they need to ensure children are in a safe and healthy environment. The FFN team provides support and coaching to providers with the goal of improving safety, nutrition, and early childhood development for the children in their care. FFN providers commit to a two-year in-home coaching and training program to improve the quality and safety of care for more than 140 children in the Roaring Fork Valley.
The FFN Family Educator will focus on educating providers through home visits, group sessions and field trips to improve the quality of care for the children. Change is slow and the family educator will need to feel comfortable modeling and educating the provider on what an environment of high-quality care looks like.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Establish and maintain trusting working relationships with 15-16 providers
· Organize field trips with caregivers to build partnerships with outside organizations
· Ability to work with caregivers to take steps toward overall family’s well-being
· Desire to learn more about early child development and share knowledge with caregivers
Must conduct 2 home visits per month for each provider. These home visits require the Family Educator to explain the importance and relevance of
the topic and also model how to interact with children.
· Must complete a home visit report per provider visited
· Must be able to co-facilitate 4-5 group sessions per year to inform and educate caregivers about child development and work together to have high quality care
• Ability to travel and meet providers in their home or community (mileage reimbursed)
· Ability to problem-solve with providers and be flexible with time and home environment
• Ability to bring new ideas to the group and create lesson plans
• Must be able to identify needs and make referrals to health and social service agencies in the area
• Assist in recruiting by door knocking or building connections to identify potential providers
· Ability to communicate easily with all staff and participants, demonstrating active listening skills
• Ability to check in with manager, as needed, and attend regular team meetings
• Make weekly phone calls to remind caregivers about their home visits or group sessions
Make weekly copies of lessons needed or handouts
Monitor provider’s progress using oral and written methods
• Attend weekly trainings and do outside readings that will inform lessons for providers
· Ability to maintain confidentiality when working with families
• Strong organizational skills Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, empathy and courtesy
• Must be well-organized, detail-oriented, and willing to learn and grow
· Strong work ethic
• Excellent problem-solving skills
· Ability to empower families through building on their strengths
• Experience teaching and implementing a curriculum
• Prioritize and schedule work and meet schedules and timelines
• Other duties, as assigned
Bilingual (English and Spanish)
• High School Diploma or GED or obtain within two years of being hired
• CDA or become certified within two years of being hired
• EQUIT class within two years of being hired
• Have a valid Colorado driver’s license
• Available and reliable vehicle to visit families in their home and community (mileage reimbursed)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Drive (Documents & Spreadsheets)
Valley Settlement does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, or military status in any of its activities or operations. Valley Settlement champions inclusiveness in our community. We
honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our community.