VECKTA is looking for an Energy Project Development Specialist who will be responsible for developing and deploying our Energy Transition Platform. Your goal will be to provide unrivaled user experience, success and joy, while maximizing value, adoption and retention. Ultimately, the Energy Project Development Specialist must earn and maintain the trust of our users and internal development teams, requiring a combination of technical and emotional intelligence.
Reporting directly to the Head of Project Development, you will work directly with our customers to understand their current and ongoing needs and ensure they maximize positive outcomes through their use of our Market Platform. You will work collaboratively with the Platform users and our in-house teams to enhance the VECKTA product, address technical problems and determine quick and effective solutions to see the successful development and deployment of Microgrids and Distributed Energy Systems.
- Partner with VECKTA's clients and supplier ecosystem to facilitate the successful assessment, optimization and deployment of projects. Provide user support prior to, during, and after Platform deployments
- Use your deep understanding of our customer’s needs to identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that improve and exceed customer expectations.
- Translate product ideas and convey customer challenges to the engineering team and collaborate with them to detail requirements and prototypes.
- Leverage technical knowledge (yours and the teams) to produce high-quality user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Manage Platform onboarding, maintenance and test tasks
- Take ownership of user issues reported and see problems through to resolution
- Follow up with customers to ensure their needs are addressed and resolved and user experience expectations are exceeded
- Provide analytics to your customers based on their key objectives and metrics
- Gather customer feedback and analyze customers’ needs to share with our Strategy, Product, Sales and Marketing teams
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales
- Preferred Qualifications and Attributes
- Experience developing energy, microdgird and/or distributed energy projects.
- Excellent relationship development, communication and problem-solving skills
- High level of customer empathy, with the patience and persistence to resolve complex challenges
- Curiosity for how things get done, and a love of optimization to consistently improve this over time
- Previous work experience developing projects or software in the Power industry (or other asset intensive industries)
- Excellent communication and negotiations skills
- Experience collaborating with or experience in an engineering or similar role
- Ability to work flexibly and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with software platforms and application
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities effectively
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally