As an Energy System Modeler & Developer at VECKTA, you will receive world-class training, have access to the world’s most advanced software tools, and have the hands-on opportunity to work at ap that is making a dent in the universe. With a globally distributed team, our agile and collaborative culture is optimized around the realities of remote work. You will have the opportunity to grow professionally and technically and play to your strengths as it aligns with your own preferences and the business.
- Create technical and economic models of onsite energy systems.
- Gather and estimate model assumptions through a variety of means: soliciting information from customers, sourcing from publicly available resources, estimating from internal databases, etc.
- Act as a customer success specialist, presenting and explaining the model inputs and results to customers.
- Adjust the model based on customer feedback.
- Deliver and iterate on reports for energy-system customers.
- Support customers throughout the project development lifecycle.
- Provide feedback to the product team based on your own experience working with the VECKTA product, as well as feedback from customers.
- Strong quantitative background: bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with economic modeling and/or energy system analysis.
- Comfortable working remotely - opportunity to continue indefinitely for the right candidate.
- Experience related to modeling/simulation, power engineering, or economic assessment of energy projects.
- Experience developing and/or deploying energy projects.
- Experience manipulating, cleaning and visualizing data using a combination of Excel, R, and/or Python, etc.
- Experience working across regulatory and private energy industry segments.
- Experience with utility tariffs/rates.
- Familiarity with distributed energy resources, such as, Solar PV, Wind, Energy Storage, Diesel Generators, Natural Gas Generators, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.