We are seeking an experienced Sales and Business Development Professional to join our team and lead the development and execution of our long-term sales and growth strategy. The role will be focused positioning VECKTA to be the Energy Transition Market Platform for the commercial and industrial sectors. The immediate focus for the role is North America and scaling globally thereafter.
Collaborating with the executive leadership, marketing and product teams, the key focus of this role will be developing and implementing the sales strategy, creating and nurturing client and partner relationships, driving growth, building the sales team and ensuring the sales strategy, systems and processes are designed to scale.
- This role is best suited to an experienced sales professional with existing experiences and relationships (large energy users and/or energy industry suppliers).
- You will be selling with the support of the executive team, advisors and technical team.
- Your ability to learn quickly, take initiative and embrace technology will see you succeed.
- A proven record in managing the entire sales process and pipeline will be highly beneficial.
- Utilize warm leads from the team, partners and marketing, to pitch, demo, present, and win new business.
- Lead generation and self-generated opportunities through prospecting, networking and developing strategic partnerships.
- Influence the continuous improvement of VECKTA by bringing industry trends and client feedback to the team.
- B2B sales expertise - software/energy background ideal
- Background and prior experience working in the commercial and industrial sectors
- Exposure to energy project development workflows is advantageous but not required
- Experience building relationships with and selling to senior decision makers
- Experience managing the entire sales process and pipeline of opportunities
- Leadership experience and skills to build a sales team and supporting infrastructure/networks
- Ability to create urgency and develop timeframes in the sales cycle
- A strong communicator who can effectively manage their own workload/time
- Competitive and commercially astute
- Driven, tenacious with a desire to succeed and grow within the business
- Proven sales track record
- Time management and planning skills
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing team and industry
- Early-stage company with the ability and create your own adventure
- Enjoy the upside of developing a healthy sales pipeline in the form of equity growth and bonuses
- As a key member of the team, there is significant opportunity for professional growth with us as our business scales.
- Opportunity to make a significant difference as an integral part of the business
- Dynamic and collaborative team environment