As the first and last face Museum guests will see during their visit, the Guest Services Associate will ensure timely and seamless service, handle guest inquiries, manage guest expectations and make informed recommendations. The Cayton Children's Museum is looking for a team member with a forward-thinking guest service approach to their work. The Guest Services Associate must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Welcome all guests and manage traffic flow in the Museum lobby and customer queue, to ensure all visitors are helped in a timely manner.
- Assist visitors with frequent questions and needs.
- Facilitate ticket sales, membership sales, museum store sales.
- Assist with general database management.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion while building a good rapport with Museum guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all Museum features, programs, schedule, hours, and operations so they are always ready to make recommendations to ensure elevated customer service.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls as well as emails.
- Collect feedback from visitors and report feedback to Guest Service leadership team.
- Promote a work environment that is positive, customer-service oriented, and compliant with established policies and procedures.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, is well organized and reliable.
- Maintain clear communication with museum team.
- Oversee cash handling procedures and policies – including opening and closing procedures and petty cash.
- Assist with end of day revenue reporting.
- Previous experience as a receptionist, concierge, in administrative role or similar guest service role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and other standard office software systems and collaboration tools.
- Bilingual strongly preferred.
- Experience in Altru is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess exceptional attention to detail, is well-organized, and reliable.
- Can follow instructions and work well independently as well as with others.
- Can address stressful situations with dignity and the utmost tact and politeness.
- Is highly responsible, reliable, self-motivated, energetic, and possesses strong conflict resolution and problem-solving abilities.
- Welcomes change and adjusts quickly to accommodate the business needs.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to represent the organization and work with diverse staff, Board, volunteers, and vendors.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and do what it takes to get the job done, and to motivate a team to do the same.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Cayton Children’s Museum.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, storage shelves, etc.
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Stand extended periods of time; accommodation can be made where necessary.
- Communicate via telephone, video conference, email, and in-person.
COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE
The base rate for this position is $19 USD per hour. The Guest Services Associates is a part time position with a typical schedule varying from Wednesday to Sunday, with some evenings, and schedule adjustments as needed; schedule may vary.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
At the Cayton Children’s Museum, we activate the power of play to enrich the lives of children and their families, build stronger and more connected communities, and create a better world. We envision a world where all children, and the adults they grow up to be, experience the transformational and lifelong benefits of abundant, creative, and purposeful play.
The Cayton Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, marital or family status, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.