The Cayton Children’s Museum is seeking a Donor Database Manager to support and improve all aspects of our database utilization, including data structure, revenue entry and reconciliation, pledge tracking, wealth search analytics execution, reporting, database health upkeep, and any necessary integrations. The ideal candidate for this role is familiar with Blackbaud’s Altru system or comparable donor databases and understands the integral role this function plays in the organization’s fundraising capacity.
Reporting to the Senior Development Director, the Donor Database Manager works to ensure the highest data integrity while working cross-departmentally to ensure all data is complete, accurate, and able to inform fundraising and marketing strategies.
This is an opportunity to work for a creative, innovative, mission-driven institution committed to the professional growth and well-being of its employees. As such, we work in-person at the museum, on a full-time, 32-hour work week with generous benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Gift Entry & Maintenance (40%)
- Assist in the planning and execution of event and fundraising campaigns by preparing segmented lists, tracking solicitation plans, executing mailing lists, and maintaining viable profiles with accurate donor information.
- Complete daily gift processing from start to finish, including gift entry, tracking, acknowledgements, and linking documents to record(s) to track donor intent and activity (e.g., pledge forms).
- Maintain up-to-date constituent records while ensuring that addresses, contacts, salutations, and lifetime giving is accurate and while running monthly BlackBaud functions to archive inactive records where necessary.
- Perform monthly reconciliation of gift records with Finance team to ensure gift accuracy.
- Track and reconcile multi-year pledges while maintaining up-to-date pledge records and escalating past-due pledges where necessary.
- Support the execution of an annual wealth search analytics project while working with BlackBaud representatives for logistics and Development team for portfolio revisions.
Donor Reporting and Analysis (40%)
- Generate queries, develop exports, and clean up reports for donor and gift analysis, while creating financial summaries and statistics for further fundraising analysis.
- Help create and maintain up-to-date fundraising portfolios for the Development team while keeping easily accessible queries available for staff members to track their own fundraising efforts (e.g., solicitation success ratio, donor stewardship deadline alerts).
- Improve Altru’s campaign architecture for gifts to create easier reporting processes, using the Cayton’s calendar of fundraising events and initiatives as a framework.
- Maintain weekly updates on fundraising goals and support data necessary to complete recurring Board Reports.
Departmental Support (20%)
- Work with various departments including Marketing to support the execution and improvement of platform integrations as they arise, including but not limited to Mailchimp, Givesmart, and Social Good.
- Work with the Operational Data Consultant and Membership Services team to maintain and improve accurate museum membership data entry and reporting processes while training key staff on procedures.
- Serve as point person with Blackbaud on any departmental training, resources, troubleshooting, and software upgrades.
- Other duties and tasks, as needed.
- 2+ years of professional experience in nonprofit development and database administration.
- Substantial previous experience with BlackBaud Altru preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and other standard Microsoft Office software, systems, and collaboration tools.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think strategically, creatively, pragmatically, and with an orientation toward problem solving.
- Ability and willingness to take initiative and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with diverse staff.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Cayton Children’s Museum.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Move about inside the office and museum space to access file cabinets, office machinery, storage shelves, exhibits, etc.
- Work at a computer, doing detailed data entry and editing, for extended periods of time.
- Communicate via telephone, video conference, email, and in-person.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary of $65,000 - $68,000, depending on experience.
- 32-hour work week
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Retirement plan; 401k with 4% employer match after one year of service
- Health and childcare flexible spending accounts
- Vacation and sick days; paid holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Plus more.
The Donor Database Manager is a full-time, exempt, in-person position with a four-day work week and typical schedule of Monday through Thursday, however the schedule may vary.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
At the Cayton Children’s Museum, we activate the power of play to enrich the lives of children and their families, build stronger and more connected communities, and create a better world. We envision a world where all children, and the adults they grow up to be, experience the transformational and lifelong benefits of abundant, creative, and purposeful play.
The Cayton Children’s Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, disability, political affiliation, marital or family status, age, military service, or other non-merit factor.