ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overseeing all buying/merchandise decision-making, including ensuring all products align with the Museum’s mission, exhibits and price point; developing relationships with suppliers; managing inventory levels; maintaining in-store display of store products.
- Managing customer service in the store, including creating a friendly and knowledgeable sales environment, handling any customer issues or complaints; building relationships with repeat customers; planning promotional campaigns for members and other special events.
- Preparing sales forecasts and expense budgets, and monitoring and reporting on progress toward goals, including via the Blackbaud/Altru point-of-sale and inventory tracking system.
- Overseeing, building out display of the online Cayton store.
- Train, schedule and supervise staff and volunteers to work as salesclerks in the store.
- Additional duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CAPABILITIES
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in retail management and merchandising, with proven track record of meeting sales goals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior knowledge of specialty children’s retail preferred.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and careful attention to detail.
- Great interpersonal and communications skills, and ability to work with diverse staff, customers, and vendors.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other standard office software systems.
- Familiarity with point-of-sale systems, especially Altru, a plus.
- Ability and willingness to jump in and do what it takes to get the job done, and to motivate a team to do the same.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of the Cayton Children’s Museum.
The person in this position must be able to:
- Move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, storage shelves, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs, move boxes, merchandise and displays.
- Communicate via telephone, video conference, email and in-person.
- Move about extended periods of time while overseeing on-site store operations.
- Annual salary of $50,000-$60,000, depending on experience.
- 32-hour work week.
- Health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Retirement plan after 1 year; 401k with 4% employer match.
- Health and childcare flexible spending accounts.
- Vacation and sick days; paid holidays.
- Commuter benefits.
- Plus, more.