JOB SUMMARY / ORGANIZATION IMPACT:
iApartments is looking for a passionate Security Engineering Lead to help build cloud-based solutions in the multifamily industry. We are looking for someone who is motivated to tackle complex systems and learn new technologies quickly to bring the best possible experience to our customers and their residents. The Security Engineering Lead will report directly to the Director of Technology and assist in design, implementation, and maintenance decisions with management.
Our team at iApartments works with the latest IoT devices to bring thoughtful smart home solutions to our customers. We are looking for people to join our team that are hungry to solve problems and face challenges head on. We are a family first company that believes that hard work should be rewarded with hard play. We’re looking for team members that can think of unique solutions and always challenge our notion of the status quo.
The Security Engineering Lead is expected to leverage their wealth of knowledge and experience in facilitating the team to maintain the most secure multi-family smart home platform on the market. The roadmap for this position includes building knowledge of secure computing and compliance with an eye to INFOSEC Management.
LOCATION: Tampa, FL in office, hybrid, or remote.
RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
· Oversee and conduct both internal and external risk assessments and penetration testing
· Design and implement secure features and applications including vulnerability scans
· Implement and maintain cybersecurity standards including NIST 8259
· Oversee and coordinate execution of Well Architected Reviews (WARs) and define roadmaps to remediate findings
· Establish and maintain IT security audit procedures relevant to SOC2, CCPA, and ISO27001
· Design and implement audit processes to measure compliance and triage findings
· Evaluate security incidents for violations of privacy principles or legal standards
· Manage compliance testing and monitoring of current and future regulatory compliance
· Consistently act as an advocate for the end-user, ensuring a high-quality user experience, and recommending improvements or revisions to the engineering team
REQUIRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· 3-5 years of experience in assessing application and system security running in a cloud-based environment
· 3-5 years of experience in assessing mobile application security running in both Android and iOS
· 3-5 years of experience in assessing firmware/software running on target hardware
· Ability to understand, assess, and clearly communicate an organization’s system and data security risks
· Strong analytical skills with an attention to detail
PREFERRED EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors or Master’s degree in software engineering or computer science
· CISA, CISSP, CISM, or other relevant security-related certifications
· Hands on experience with JIRA SCRUM/Agile development environment
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) systems
· AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
· AWS Certified Security Specialist
· Experience with common software and system design patterns
· As needed to attend conferences or summits
· Remote: Quarterly visits to Tampa office for team building and collaboration.
· 401(k) match
· Flexible PTO
· Home office setup reimbursement assistance
· Free gym on-site at office
· In office snacks & company events
· Focus Fridays (no meetings after noon)