ImmPACT Bio is a clinical-stage company, headquartered in the Los Angeles area (West Hills, CA), and with a subsidiary in Israel, developing novel cell therapies for treating cancer. The company’s next-generation chimeric antigen receptor (CAR)-T cell technologies are based on Boolean logic-gate approaches and address key biological challenges for engineered T cell therapies including relapse due to antigen loss/escape; on-target, off-tumor toxicities; and the immunosuppressive tumor microenvironment.
ImmPACT’s lead program, a bispecific “OR-gate” CAR, with an excellent tolerability profile, has demonstrated durable complete remission (CR) in 88% of patients treated so far.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join us as a Principal Scientist in an exciting new area of cancer immunotherapy. You will work in the laboratory as a core member of the team in supporting our preclinical development of new CAR-T cell therapies. Under flexible supervision, the successful candidate will be expected to perform in vitro CAR-T immunoassays, play a critical role in the evaluation of lead CAR constructs, analyze results, and share findings with the team on a daily/weekly basis. The level and responsibilities of this position are open to negotiation dependent upon candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Technical Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work in teams to identify and solve critical issues and advance candidates in the pipeline
- Stay current with the literature pertaining to the immunotherapy field as well as the competition and present at internal and external scientific meetings
- Contribute to submission of patents and manuscripts for publication
- Lead screening and functional characterization of synthetic constructs to develop our pipeline of cell therapy products
- Design DNA constructs and libraries encoding immune regulatory domains based on rationale design principles
- Recruit, train and mentor junior scientists and research associates
- Ph.D. degree in cell biology, immunology, oncology or a related field with at least 4-5 years of relevant experience
- A strong background in cancer immunotherapy or immunology
- Experience designing and developing assays using key immune cell populations
- Proficiency in the analysis and understanding of immune cells and molecules. Analysis of immune cells by FACS, IHC, and ELISA are preferred
- Strong organizational and record keeping skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Salary and Benefits:
ImmPACT offers a competitive salary, stock options, bonus and benefits package including; Medical, Dental & Vision and 401k plan.
ImmPACT Bio is a n Equal Opportunity Employer and will review all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.