Do you want to change the world? Then join Peachjar! We are helping schools connect parents to community so their children have a better future. We pioneered the shift to cloud based flyer distribution, and today we’re delivering the next generation of mobile and cloud technologies that help school districts revolutionize the way they deliver information to parents. The applicant will be joining a a fun dynamic team.
We are currently searching for a Full Stack Senior Software Engineer to join our Team, to provide guidance and oversight to multiple development teams.
We promote a professional yet fun and supportive environment where success is celebrated. We have an open, lively start-up culture and office space. We only hire "nice" people; grumpy people need not apply. Peachjar headquarters is located in beautiful San Diego, CA. This position is located at Peachjar Headquarters or remote within the US. Relocation or sponsorship is not available. Due to COVID-19 and the safety of our employees, our locally based team is currently working remotely and when safe to do so, will return to the office.
● You will be a hands-on technical leader, responsible for architecting, designing and developing our platform built on top of Node.js+TypeScript, Postgres, NATS, Redis, and Kafka.
● You will help drive a culture of quality, technical curiosity and continuous improvement
● You will be integrated with the Product Team to define deliverables
● Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
● Help create, manage, and adhere to our coding standards, including participation in code reviews
● Participate in production support & site support response as necessary
● Promote best-in-class design patterns across all teams
Skills & Qualifications
We expect you to have most of (but not necessarily all) of the following:
● 10+ years of Full Stack Development experience
● 3+ Experience with the Node.js and common ecosystem libraries and frameworks (Express, Lodash, Hapi.js, etc)
● Experience building cloud architectures that include multi-tenancy, horizontal scale, microservices, containers, and RESTful APIs
● Experience with SQL Databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL etc.
● Very Proficient with object-oriented programming and statically-typed languages (e.g. TypeScript, Java, C#, etc).
● Experience with React+Redux or another modern SPA framework with a willingness to learn React.
● Demonstrable knowledge of design patterns, algorithms and data structures
● Experience with mobile-first design, responsive web design and mobile applications
● Experience writing and executing unit tests
● Experience in Agile Methodologies
● Experience working in highly available event driven architectures
● Experience with Containers such as Docker, and deploying them into a Cloud Services Platform like AWS. Kubernetes knowledge is a major plus!
● Experience with pub-sub, and message queues.
● Experience designing / architecting big data solutions
● Experience with the following technologies or similar: SendGrid, AWS Step Functions and Lambda, S3.
In general, we are looking for thoughtful, experienced candidates with a track record of delivering complex systems.
● Competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Accounts, life insurance, stock options, 401(k) and more.
● Holiday Pay and PTO
● Employee Perks Discount Program
● Office Snacks
● Monthly Fun Organization Events
● Ping Pong!!