Venture Capital - Fintech
Clocktower Ventures, the venture investing arm within Clocktower Group, is based in Santa Monica, CA. We partner with phenomenal entrepreneurs who have the vision and drive to innovate across our two domains: financial services and climate change. In fintech, our stage-agnostic approach offers investment exposure from the earliest stages of company formation all the way to late stage growth underwriting. The model empowers investors to source and evaluate actionable opportunities across a wide latitude of sectors and stages.
We are seeking an Investment Analyst to join our Santa Monica office. We are a team committed to building an elite venture capital organization—and this position is a central part of our investment team. This is a role with significant day one responsibility and requires an organized, entrepreneurial mind who wants to be challenged and stretched. If you are passionate about technology, a geek for financial services, and take pride in delivering excellence, we want you to join us.
What you’ll do:
Sourcing. You are our boots on the ground for all fintech conferences everywhere. – you are our tip of the spear in our sourcing efforts across early and late stage companies. You will carry our flag at every tech event you attend, and you will build relationships with startups and other investors along the way. You are a natural networker—you like meeting new people and you yourself are also quite likeable.
Tracking. We see a lot of deals and we do a lot of deals. You support the investment team in managing the investment pipeline through the systematic and deliberate tracking of companies and the wider fintech ecosystem. The high velocity of transactions in a given year requires that you are incredibly organized and detail oriented. You’ll use our tech to track deal flow, making sure we don’t miss the next great investment.
Analysis. From start to finish, you will be assisting in the process of evaluating potential transactions. At Clocktower, you’ll have exposure to a high volume of live transactions, creating a unique opportunity to build an analytical skillset across all venture stages. Ideally for this role, you are a junkie for the next new idea and light up when listening to entrepreneurs share theirs. You look forward to building the detailed financial model of how one of our potential investments will actually make money. You are excited to crack the market sizing assumptions provided by entrepreneurs and unpack their assumptions. You are just cynical enough to recognize when a CEO hasn’t really figured it out, and confident enough to place a bet when you’re sure they have.
- 1-3 years’ work experience from an investment bank, management consulting firm, VC/PE firm, fintech startup or something else so great we can’t easily envision it.
- You have meaningful reps of in-depth financial modeling and corporate valuation; you have an ability to analyze trends and company performance beyond a financial statement
- You are relentlessly attentive to detail and display an unquestioned work ethic.
- You can run fast and make things happen — you can be super-productive in a highly independent way.
- Some domain knowledge of the financial services industry, but more importantly you have a genuine passion for both technology and financial services.
- You’re a creative, speculative thinker who can envision how markets and industries might evolve.
- You maintain a commitment to honesty and holding yourself accountable to the highest standards.
- This role must be onsite in our Santa Monica office.
What you’ll get:
- Vast resources to learn and grow
- Joining an elite team that works with some of the most sophisticated investors and entrepreneurs in the world
- World-class benefit programs, including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan (with matching), vacation, and sick leave.
- Delicious, healthy lunches and snacks
- Beautiful office space with amazing ocean views
Clocktower Group is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Salary Range: $100,000-$125,000. Compensation may vary based on experience, training, education, and scope of the role. This position is eligible for an annual discretionary bonus and carried interest.