Nkarta Therapeutics is a publicly traded (Nkarta NKTX symbol), South San Francisco headquartered, early-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of allogeneic, off-the-shelf engineered natural killer, or NK, cell therapies to treat cancer.
Location South San Francisco, CA
Reports to Principal Scientist, Pharmacology
This role adds to our growing pre-clinical team to support the development of Nkarta’s NK cell therapy pipeline.
· Independently design study plans and conduct high quality in vivo studies
· Develop and validate new mouse tumor models to evaluate the efficacy of novel Nkarta products
· Establish and characterize innovative in vivo methods to study engineered cell therapies
· Conducts pharmacological evaluation of test agents in subcutaneous, systemic and orthotopic in vivo oncology models.
· Supports ex vivo sample analysis to profile test agents in vivo activity and mechanism of action
· Analyze, interpret, and communicate scientific data to team members in a timely manner
· Present scientific findings at team and staff meetings
· Extensive and diverse hands-on experience with various rodent models of oncology and immunological pharmacodynamic responses
· excellent skills in animal dosing (i.v., s.c. required) and tissue collection.
Ability to independently design, coordinate, and execute in vivo and ex vivo studies.
· Experience with various analytical methods (Flow cytometry, Elisa, etc.)
· Timely production of quality data and excellent record keeping.
· Dedication to working in a team-oriented environment to contribute to shared project and organizational goals.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced drug discovery environment with enthusiasm and persistence regardless of challenges.
· Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate both oral and written scientific results and conclusions to peers, supervisor and department teams.
· Embodies the Nkarta culture of empowerment, diversity, and inclusion.
Education / Background
· BS or MS degree in biological science, animal science, cancer biology or a related discipline with 5+ (associate scientist level) or at least 7+ years (scientist I level) of hands-on in vivo experience or PhD with 0-2 years of relevant experience (scientist I level).
Work Environment / Physical Demands
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities for this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus and the ability to work in and around common laboratory equipment. Normal lab PPE including eye protection as well as masking (Covid mitigation) required. The regular requirements of an office environment (computers, computer screens, workstations, etc.) apply when not working in or around a laboratory environment.