A detail-oriented, self-learner who enjoys trouble-shooting software issues and providing clients with solutions that meet their business needs as well as mentoring/managing a team of Customer Support Representatives. A leader with experience managing teams remotely and with a focus on best practices. This role is largely responsible for providing operational support services to the organization and leadership functions for the Support Center. This Customer Operations support role requires a service-oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the incidents, problems, and requests, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes. Additionally, this role will be accountable for prioritizing incoming work based on severity, customer needs, and our overall strategic vision.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is looking to elevate the leave and accommodations experience and hire amazing people like you! We create user-friendly technology that empowers employers to bring humanity, certainty and efficiency to the leave and accommodations experience. Made by HR Professionals for HR Professionals, we’re proud of where we’ve been and excited about where we’re headed. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values
Make a Difference.
We are inspired to make an impact through our hard work, talent and passion. We push ourselves each day to better serve our teams, our clients, and our community.
We are driven by team spirit not by self-interest. We value collaboration and approach our work with humility and a desire to win together.
If we say it, we mean it. We follow through on our commitments, step up to deliver, and grow from our successes and failures.
No matter your background or experience, everyone's voice holds value here.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a team of Production Support Specialists (Tier 2 team) and provide mentorship/goal setting with everyone on the team.
- Respond to urgent and escalated client questions and issues including bugs, feature requests, and business processes primarily through a web-based ticketing system and support line.
- Lead major incident response for high-severity incidents and communicate with customers and internal partners to provide regular updates and coordinate development, testing, and analysis of root cause.
- Develop and reinforce best practices, leveraging quality scoring to establish goals and opportunities for team members.
- Complete post-mortem retrospectives and root cause analysis.
- Perform production support hand-off presentations and support tool training, and other ad hoc training when needed
- Identify gaps in procedures and create or update documentation to train team members on standard procedures.
- Document requirements and user stories for production issues and feature requests.
- Lead calls with Support, Customer Success, Product, and Development to align priorities and move stories through SDLC based on client needs, efficiency gains, and other criteria identified as important to the company’s strategic goals.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- Bachelor’s degree
- Incident Management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong multitasking and organization skills
- Proven proficiency in troubleshooting and setting priorities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Nice to Have:
- Process improvement knowledge (e.g. ITIL Foundations in Service Management, CMMI, etc.)
- Experience with customer support teams and processes
- Knowledge of FMLA, Disability and/or ADA
- An understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience with issue ticketing systems such as Jira and Salesforce
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado.
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification, opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is $75k - $90k.
At AbsenceSoft, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that celebrates and supports diversity and inclusion. We make all employment and related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.