The Software Engineering Manager will lead a collaborative delivery team of developers and testers to ship high-quality features with consistent feature cycle time. The development manager will ensure the team's backlog is in order and the team understands the business value being delivered. They will ensure the team is aligned cross-functionally and provide the necessary technical roadmap and vision for team members to make their own decisions and feel success.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is elevating the leave and accommodations experience and is looking to hire amazing people like you! We create user-friendly technology that empowers employers to bring humanity, certainty and efficiency to the leave and accommodations experience. Made by HR Professionals for HR Professionals, we're proud of where we've been and excited about where we're headed. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values
Make a Difference.
We are inspired to make an impact through our hard work, talent and passion. We push ourselves each day to better serve our teams, our clients, and our community.
We are driven by team spirit not by self-interest. We value collaboration and approach our work with humility and a desire to win together.
If we say it, we mean it. We follow through on our commitments, step up to deliver, and grow from our successes and failures.
No matter your background or experience, everyone's voice holds value here.
What You’ll Do
- Empower the delivery team to execute with quality
- Manage delivery projects to ship features while accounting for dependencies and prerequisites
- Manage an agile delivery team to ship quality features on a consistent cadence.
- Create opportunities for team members to excel, succeed, and grow.
- Create an environment and culture that collaborates on solving problems and shipping solutions.
- Support a fail-fast and learn mentality to drive responsible innovation
- Manage the architecture of the product across stories
- Work with product owners to write and groom stories
- Manage and drive performance metrics on velocity and quality
- Go in office (Golden, CO) for meetings
- Complete the definition of done for each stage of every story
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- 3+ Small SaaS company experience
- 3+ years manager or tech lead
- 3+ years in a recent Small SaaS company
- Experience developing AWS PaaS / Serverless applications
- Experience delivering and supporting public APIs
- Experience shipping and managing applications in a devops culture
- Experience delivering React/Vue applications
- Experience leading a delivery team of 5-8 people.
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado.
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification; opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is $165k-$185k.
At AbsenceSoft, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that celebrates and supports diversity and inclusion. We make all employment and related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.