At AbsenceSoft, we are looking for an outstanding Technical Writer with experience creating content for leave management software targeted to professional and technical audiences.
The Technical Writer will report directly to the VP of Product. The ideal candidate will have technical writing experience and will work closely with development and product management to develop high-quality technical content.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is elevating the leave and accommodations experience and is looking to hire amazing people like you! We create user-friendly technology that empowers employers to bring humanity, certainty and efficiency to the leave and accommodations experience. Made by HR Professionals for HR Professionals, we're proud of where we've been and excited about where we're headed. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values
What You’ll Do
- Learns and tests product functionality while writing documentation.
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Create and maintain the information architecture
- Drafts, maintains, and edits content for online delivery, release notes and release publications.
What’ll Set You Up for Success
- The ideal candidate will bring 4+ years’ experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Excellent written skills in English
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Basic familiarity with the SDLC and software development
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent preferred
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado (Remote role)
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification, opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education
- The salary range for this position is 100k – 125k.