The Principal Software Engineer is responsible for helping our teams deliver intuitive, high quality, functional experience for our customers. Principal Software Engineers work with Engineering Leadership, Delivery Managers, and Product Managers to design and execute our product strategy. In addition to architecture and technical leadership responsibilities, principal engineers are members to execution teams who lead by example while supporting their teammates.
Who We Are
AbsenceSoft is a rapidly growing Leave Management software company looking to hire amazing people like you! We are a radically innovative provider of SaaS solutions for FMLA, Disability, ADA, and other types of absences. We pride ourselves in having created the most easily used, installed, and understood absence management system and Human Resources Software. We value creative, innovative people who are passionate about their work and who always believe there is always a better way.
Leading With Our Core Values (THRIVE)
- Team - We are a team. We show up for each other, act with empathy, listen well, have fun, collaborate, and bring our authentic selves to work every day.
- Honesty - We are honest, trustworthy, and transparent with each other and our clients. We act with integrity, ask the tough questions, and are open to honest feedback.
- Results - We are results-driven and act with urgency, accountability, and commitment. We strive for continuous improvement and operational efficiency.
- Inspiring - We inspire and challenge each other every day. We bring a positive, can-do attitude to the team and lift everyone up around us.
- Value - We provide tremendous value to our customers, employees, and shareholders, which drives everything we do and guides our decision making.
- Entrepreneurial - We are willing to try new things and take risks, without fear of failure. We continuously learn and improve in a fast-paced environment.
What You'll Do
- Define and drive technology architecture, developing maintainable, reliable, and effective applications.
- Collaborate with product Managers to define intuitive user experience.
- Work with Development managers to set standards are working methodologies.
- Deliver high-quality feature, leading by example as part of a dynamic delivery team.
- Work with other teams to define and design the API strategy for our applications.
- Ensure team product meets technical, customer, and security requirements by participating in code reviews.
- Ensure our systems are performing within design constraints by designing and participating in ongoing system health monitoring.
- Participate as a member of the Architecture team to define top-level technical guidance for engineering teams.
What'll Set You Up for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 10+ years of professional software development experience
- 5+ years delivering cloud-based Saas products on AWS or equivalent
- Expert level understanding of C# and .NET Frameworks (4.8 and 6+)
- Expert problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Experience designing and implementing CI/CD solutions that automate key SDLC lifecycle stages including analysis, verification, and deployment
- Entrepreneurial in thinking, outlook, and creative problem-solving
- Expert level understanding of HTTP(s) Application concepts
- Experience designing high-quality customer facing APIs
- Experience working as part of a professional Agile development team
- Experience collaborating with Product Management managing a User Story backlog
- A belief in testing as a strategy: experience enforcing system design and health via test frameworks
- Strong understanding of databases and data access patterns. Experienced in NoSQL databases like MongoDB
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that scale to remote-first environment
Nice to Have
- Experience with test automation in tools like WebdriverIQ
What To Know Before You Apply
- We’re located in beautiful Golden, Colorado.
- This is a full-time, salaried position + bonus.
- AbsenceSoft provides a wide variety of perks and benefits. Including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, and life insurance. We support your professional growth including industry training and CLMS Certification; opportunities for additional industry and technology certifications, and continuing education.
- The salary range for this position is between $140,000 - $185,000.
At AbsenceSoft, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that celebrates and supports diversity and inclusion. We make all employment and related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.