Skybound Entertainment’s digital content and ecommerce business seeks an experienced email marketer with a mind for acquisition strategy, creative content, and data-driven testing to grow our site traffic and revenue. The role will report to our VP of Online Content; and work closely with our Director of Ecommerce.
The Email Marketing Manager will lead segmentation and retention strategies to convert new customers and increase revenue and engagement from past customers. You will grow Ecommerce sales by improving open rates, click-through rates, growing our list, and keeping us SPAM compliant. You will also be responsible for content marketing through campaigns for new content and live events.
- Establish a marketing plan to segment lists, reduce churn, and increase revenue
- Create email marketing strategy for addressing abandoned carts
- Create process flow for customer service tickets specifically generated by email marketing
- Work with social team to amplify reach of email marketing campaigns
- Lead marketing creative strategy, write creative briefs, and execute cross-functionally
- Create and maintain email calendars for content marketing and ecommerce programs
- Configure campaign email automation (i.e. complex segment logic and pulling data via SQL, mobile responsive html/CSS, data triggers/automations, tracking/analytics)
- Produce email creative/editorial, write copy, manage design, and self-build out HTML
- Deliver analysis (tracking, reporting, insights) and recommendations for KPI improvement
- Utilize a rigorous, data-driven approach to consistently optimize email marketing campaigns
- Work with legal counsel to guarantee email creatives comply with CAN-SPAM and standards
- Understand GDPR compliance and work with legal team to follow guidelines
- Track and regularly report important email metrics and performance data to managers
- Improve processes through collaboration on project management initiatives
- BA or BS degree from an accredited four-year college
- Minimum 3 years experience in email marketing (analytics, KPI tracking, customer lifecycle)
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal, for editorial copy and insights delivery
- Proficiency in Excel, UTM tracking, Shopify, and Google Analytics experience, required
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, HTML/CSS, mobile responsive, and SQL, required
- Experience with landing page creation/tracking, AdWords (video and search), & Facebook Ads
- Experience with either MailChimp, SendGrid, Drip, ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign, AWeber
- Experience with list management, segmentation, data triggers, and A/B & multivariate testing
- Interest in video games, tabletop games, comic books, film/TV
- Inherently curious, results oriented, and motivated to win
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that world-builds across mediums including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, and more. The company works closely with creators to bring their stories to a wider audience, while ensuring creators can maintain intellectual property rights and creative control. Skybound is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal.
Also under the Skybound Entertainment umbrella is Skybound Games, the home of tabletop and videogames alike; an upcoming mobile narrative gaming venture in conjunction with Europe’s leading entertainment company Sky; GammaRay, a video-content brand focused on pop culture and presented by Skybound; and Skybound North, Skybound’s Canadian sister company. Skybound is also a partner in Skybound Galactic, a television studio with the capabilities to finance the development and production of scripted series.
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.