Qolo is an enterprise platform technology company that provides next-generation payment solutions and services aimed at helping corporations and people across the world. Our vision is to redefine payments verticals globally and enable our clients to be market leaders in their sectors.
In order to help us realize this vision, we need people who can gather and articulate valuable insights into our business and who engage openly and frequently across our organization. Determination, dedication, and hard work are essential elements to help us along this challenging, but exciting and rewarding, journey.
We hire self-driven professionals who are passionate about delivering quality products and services to our clients, while providing them the opportunity to further their career development. Learn more about us and why we work here at Qolo.
The Database Administrator will work with IT teams: Reporting, Pricing and Analytics, to develop an understanding of data and information needs, identify solutions and improve the quality of service while providing support through the logical and physical design of databases. The position will be responsible for maintaining the integrity and performance of the company databases and guarantee the data is stored securely and efficiently.
What you’ll do:
● Install and maintain database system software and implement database security.
● Monitor and analyze database performance and ensure effective and efficient utilization of database systems/processes.
● Maintain database dictionaries and support tools; develop and maintain accurate system documentation.
● Participate in the development and maintenance of strategic, architectural, and tactical plans for the database and data warehouse environments; be conversant with, and cognizant of, the future direction of systems, how that direction impacts the company and how future and current database systems can be exploited for the company’s benefit.
● Implement a Business Continuity solution for the database environment, including the installation and configuration of database software and replication processes.
● Implement and enforce database standards.
● Complete other duties as assigned.
What you’ll need:
● BS degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
● 3+ yrs. of SQL server database experience as Database Administrator (DBA), including experience installing, configuring, designing, patching, archiving, and monitoring to include performance tuning databases with indexing.
● Experience utilizing various high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server.
● Experience with backup/recovery best practices.
● Extensive experience with query tuning and troubleshooting.
● Working knowledge of data encryption techniques and database querying and management tools.
● Experience running and creating SQL Server health assessments reports/SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) report development/experience writing complex SQL Queries.
● Data warehouse design using star-schema and/or snowflake methodologies.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office Professional.
Bonus points for:
● Experience working with start-up organizations
● Financial technology and payments processing industry
● Experience with Azure hosted databases
● PowerShell and Power BI development
● Microsoft Certifications
Who wouldn’t want to work here!?!
● Fully remote
● Competitive salary packages
● Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits (Qolo contributes 75%!)
● Self-Managed PTO Policy
Qolo, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.