Who are we?
CBANC is the largest professional network of US commercial banking institutions, the people that work for them and the vendors who serve them. We connect bank and credit union professionals, provide them with software to help them streamline their business, and give them access to screened vendors to help them make purchase decisions.
Our mission is to help especially smaller US financial institutions do more, be more efficient, and compete at a higher level, by leveraging the collective power of our network. Over fifty-five thousand members strong, CBANC’s membership represents over 8,600 financial institutions and over $22 trillion in assets.
What can we offer you?
· An opportunity to drive significant value and directly contribute to the overall growth of the company.
· An entrepreneurial experience with exposure to all aspects of the business.
· Direct access to a seasoned leadership team.
· Highly talented and dedicated teammates.
· An open, supportive, and collaborative work environment.
As the Data Engineer, you will join our engineering team and build world-class data solutions for CBANC. You will have oversight of the enterprise data pipeline process and develop best practices and recommendations for the data acquisition, data integration, and data delivery method for the company. We actively seek out innovative technical solutions that drive the business-value impact of our products. We deeply value and depend on the rich and diverse expertise of our technical teams to bring new ideas to the table that unlock opportunities that others never thought were possible.
· Architect, build and maintain scalable automated data pipelines
· Serve as a lead data engineer to manage the development of web services for data Integration and delivery
· Perform data quality procedures to ensure data consistency and data integrity
· Work directly with product and engineering team to understand data needs and provide end-to-end data solutions that address customer requirements
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
· 6+ years of professional experience as a data engineer or in a similar role
· 4+ years of database development experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
· 3+ years of experience in Python or Node.js
· Hands-on experience with data modeling, data mapping, data cleansing and data transformation activities
· Experience with RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
· Working knowledge with AWS RDS, Data Lakes and data analytics
· Working knowledge of software development methodologies like Agile, Scrum, Kanban, or equivalent
· Strong attention to detail, organization skills and excellent problem-solving skills
· Must be able to work in a diverse team environment
· Experience with data science and machine learning
· Working knowledge with big data and advanced programming languages
· Prior experience with Neo4j, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB is a big plus
· Exposure to Salesforce technologies such as Lightning and Einstein is a plus
You'll fit in well here if you embody these characteristics:
· Driven to always keep learning
· Work well in a collaborative team environment
· Willing to voice a dissenting opinion when you believe there is a better way
· Enthusiasm for a fast-growing, fast-changing environment
· Believe kindness is just as important as correctness