The Porter is responsible for maintaining the grounds of the community in an attractive condition and assist in other types of maintenance, when necessary. Additionally may perform other administrative duties as assigned by the Property Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES - GENERAL PERFORMANCE:
- Knowledge of standards, practices and cleaning processes of the janitorial trade.
- Ability to apply proper chemical handling procedures.
- Basic knowledge of fire safety.
- Ability to read and understand operating instructions and manuals for tools, equipment and chemicals at assigned locations.
- Familiarity with some computer skills including email, electronic time keeping and mobile software applications.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions and maintain accurate records.
- Ability to work harmoniously and respectfully with staff, residents and the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· This is an entry level position.
· High School or GED diploma preferred or one to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible and courteous.
· Valid Class “C” Texas Driver’s License required.