About the Organization
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the world’s premier nonprofit organization dedicated to achieving lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender workplace equality. We partner with Fortune 1000 companies and government agencies to provide executive leadership development, comprehensive training and consultation, and professional networking opportunities that build inclusive and welcoming work environments.
Since 1996, we have worked with executives, human resources professionals, Employee Resource Groups and individuals to provide leadership and professional development, education, and research to create workplaces free of discrimination. Out & Equal hosts the annual Workplace Summit where employees and experts from around the world gather to share strategies and best practices to create diverse and inclusive workplaces that foster belonging for LGBTQ people around the world.
The Accounting Manager supports the organization’s accounting, HR, and operations functions. They will direct and assist with analysis and reporting of financial information, including budgets, planning, and required filings and reports.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
Monthly Financial Reporting
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of O&E’s financial results.
- Manage the month end close process, including reconciliations.
- Assist CFAO in monthly financial review & analysis.
- Assist in annual audit and preparation of 990.
- Process AP Invoices
- Process expense reimbursement & credit card expenses
- Prepare 1099 forms
- File vendor agreements & W9s
- Process donor contributions and credit card payments.
- Ensure accurate entry of invoices into accounting system.
- Manage follow up with past due payments.
- Process twice monthly payroll.
- Serve as primary contact with PEO for administration of benefits program, HR policies, and employee performance issues.
- Manage onboarding and offboarding process for employees.
- Support recruitment and hiring of new employees.
- Support performance review process.
· 5+ years experience in a hands-on accounting environment, preferably for a nonprofit organization with volume exceeding $5 million annually.
· A bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting/Business Administration.
· Demonstrated knowledge of LGBTQ community and commitment to LGBTQ equality.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Proficiency with MSWord, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
· Experience with Salesforce, Bill.com, Expensify, and Fund EZ.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.