Warriors Hooptopia provides a one-of-a-kind experience that could only be lived if you were an actual professional basketball player! Go through a series of pre-draft workouts, impress decision makers to secure your place in draft, then find yourself living the life of a Warriors player doing wild dunks and celebrating championship wins!
Warriors Hooptopia - General Manager will take four wall P&L accountability and build your team, where you will partner and mentor your Operations Manager, lead a team of Assistant Managers and Warriors Hooptopia - Brand Ambassadors, within our sprawling state-of-the-art sports and entertainment venue at the brand-new Chase Center.
This temporary salaried position will run through April 2020.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
· Manage day-to-day Warriors Hooptopia operations, establishing and maintaining a positive, high energy work environment, while providing leadership to set and maintain Warriors Hooptopia brand standards and training for a customer experience like no other!
· Responsible for delivering, through your team and workforce, a consistent experience for our visitors while ensuring all daily operational needs meet our high standards.
· Rock our guests’ world by optimizing their experience through your ability to let your imagination soar and transfer that skill to your team of Hooptopians.
· Immediately resolve visitor and team members concerns and inquires while establishing consistent responses and guidelines for all.
· Maintain an exemplary level of customer service at all touch points within our facility.
· Lead additional on-going training (as needed) of all Hooptopians on our exhibit floors and our retail store.
· Protect company assets and minimize loss through store standards and operating procedures.
· Collect visitor feedback focusing on continuous improvement.
· Maintain and build a strong sense of community, integrity, and brand for all who live in and visit our world.
· Effectively communicate with the Senior Leadership team, direct reports and contracted vendors (security, parking services, janitorial, etc.).
WHAT YOU HAVE:
· You love to work with people and bring the enthusiasm and a love of basketball, with at least 3+ years leadership experience (Retail, Customer Service, Sports and Entertainment industry).
· Proven success in scheduling and managing a large team of part-time employees is mandatory.
· Demonstrable, successful skills in customer service, employee retention and de-escalation of employee relations and customer matters.
· Flexibility to support your team and internally motivated to develop them to achieve professional and organizational goals.
· Possess a positive pace and sense of urgency, while working effectively and enthusiastically in a high-volume, high paced environment.
· Regular weekend and evening availability.
· Knowledge of Point of Sale technology
· Expertise in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), and proficiency with PC.
· Excellent written, verbal communication, planning and prioritization skills.
· Burning desire to work in a start-up, first of its kind, flying the plane as you build it environment
· Knowledge of carpentry, electrical, art and audio a huge plus!
Hooptopia is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.