Zing Health is a tech-enabled insurance company making Medicare Advantage the best it can be for those 65-and-over. Zing Health has a community-based approach that recognizes the importance of the social determinants of health in keeping individuals and communities healthy. Zing Health aims to return the physician and the member to the center of the health care equation. Members receive individualized assistance to make their transition to Zing Health as easy as possible. Zing Health offers members the ability to personalize their plans, access to facilities designed to help them better meet their healthcare needs and a dedicated care team. For more information on Zing Health, visit www.myzinghealth.com.
As the Director of Coding, you will maintain responsibility for accurate coding and abstracting of clinical information from the medical record. You will also set coding guidelines and maintain highest coding data quality and integrity. You will work to set up a coding team as the team expands to support prospective and retrospective chart reviews. You will continuously track and train the staff to ensure accuracy and completion of coding. You will work with contracted provider groups to provide training and guidance for coding. Experience working with Medicare Health plans is a must.
- Ensure coding practices and health plan coding guidelines meet national coding and compliance guidelines
- Hire and train new coding staff members in the team
- Provides necessary education for coding staff including ICD10, CPT2 and other necessary standards
- Continuously monitor and audit team’s work on coding accuracy and completion metrics.
- Build training and audit framework to support provider organizations managing our members
- Work closely with full risk provider organizations to ensure highest quality charts and adherence to plan’s coding guidelines
- Work closely with vendors providing chart extraction or health assessment capabilities to ensure highest quality adherence to coding guidelines
- Help other departments with coding reviews, questions and clarifications.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Thorough knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT coding principles and rules
- Must be Certified Coder (AAPC or AHIMA)
- Experience with encoders and computerized abstracting systems
- Capacity to work independently
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 15+ years of coding experience
- Knowledge and experience of Medicare Risk Adjustment guidelines