We are looking for a BI Engineer to support the continued growth of NavigatorCRE as the #1 data visualization software for commercial real estate. This Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer will create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge for our clients.
The ideal candidate will display strong experience working with data pipelines, transforming and manipulating data, and building reports. Work will be split between development and design; taking raw business data into reportable, actionable information for our customers; delivering high quality BI reports. Additionally, you will assess organizational opportunities to integrate new systems, shaping the long term strategic roadmap and short-term tactical solutions. Ultimately, you will be a creative and original thinker, guiding our business intelligence system to provide the best solution to manage and visualize data.
MUST HAVE POWER BI, ETL FRAMEWORK, SQL AND DAX EXPERIENCE.
· Architect end-to-end BI solutions
· Think strategically about the uses of data and how data use interacts with data design
· Navigate various data sources, craft and execute database queries
· Develop data models, create fact and dimension tables
· Build Power BI reports
· Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
· Prepare and maintain technical documentation
· Service the needs of many varied internal and external clients
· Ability to work in a very ambiguous environment
· Previous experience as a BI Developer; industry experience is preferred
· Understand how to work with many kinds of data sources and how to bring data to life
· Understand complex logic and solve data issues with sound technical solutions
· Advanced knowledge of database design and data modeling (e.g. dimensional modeling)
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL framework
· Proven experience with gathering technical requirements, business process management, providing support & training users
· Proven experience with MS Power BI, MS Excel, DAX, M
· Required: Technical skills with SQL Server stack (ADF, SSMS, T-SQL, SSIS)
· Plus: Power BI Report Builder, SSRS, SSAS, Python, Finance background (non-technical)
· Ability to work effectively with minimal direction and supervision as well as work on a team and balance work among different players
· Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, prioritize and manage open workload, report deviation from plan in a timely manner
· Ability to communicate technology issues and solutions to business users and executives
· BS/BA in Computer Science, Mathematics or relevant field
· BI Developer/BI Engineer/Data Architect: 3+ years
· Database design and modeling: 3+ years
· Stock options
· Hybrid work schedule. Option to work remote or go into the office a couple days a week.
· Transportation reimbursement (parking, ORCA card, ferry, public transit, Uber/Lyft).
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off: Vacation, Sick Leave, Holidays, Parental leave
· Employee Assistance Program