The Senior Director of Business Development is responsible for ensuring business growth through direct sales and managing business development activities in accordance with the company’s long-term global strategy. This individual will work with the Leadership Team to achieve clear objectives for sales growth and new client acquisition. Primary work efforts will focus on leading new client engagements, including prospecting, marketing outreach, conducting sales presentations, proposal preparation, and bid defense. The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years’ sales and business development experience in CRO and/or Pharmaceutical environment
- BA or BS in a related field desired. Graduate degree preferred (MBA)
- Proven track record of success building lasting client relationships
- Proven ability to identify opportunities, develop methodologies, and write proposals
- Proven track record of experience closing large contracts and business agreements in the CRO/Pharmaceutical industry
- Superior leadership skills with excellent ability to motivate and influence people
- High-level thinker with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts
- Strong presentation skills
· Excellent analytical and communications skills (written and oral)
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
· High emotional intelligence with the ability to collaborate with others
· Strong understanding of contemporary trends in customer engagement and networking, utilizing all available current channels
- A passion for strategy, science, health and innovation
- Understanding of primary market research and Real World methodologies
- Recognized leader with demonstrated operational excellence, innovative thinking and scientific mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement business strategies across multiple disciplines and proven success leading change/transformational efforts.
- At least 5 years of increasingly responsible positions working with distributed staff and cross-functional teams in complex, matrixed organizations
- Languages: English (required), other languages (a plus)
- This position may occasionally require up to 25% global travel, depending on client deliverables.
This position requires weekly visits to NYC office based at the Meatpacking District. You should only apply if you have actual Business Development experience in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical or CRO industries.