The Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg (the Foundation) has a bold mission to end differences in health due to social or structural disadvantages to improve population health. To be effective in this mission, the Foundation’s internal operations must be efficient, sophisticated and nimble. The internal role of the Senior Administrator is crucial to ensuring such efficacy so that the Foundation’s external impact can be maximized to its greatest potential.
The Senior Administrator advances the performance through exceptional administrative skills of the President and CEO, leadership team, and serves as the secretary/parliamentarian of the Board of Trustees. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter attracted to the role primarily because of his/her belief in the Foundation’s mission and purpose. Additionally, he/she derives satisfaction in being part of a team that will contribute to the Foundation’s growth by professionally managing administrative responsibilities, adding capacity to senior leadership, supporting internal and external stakeholders, and constantly looking for opportunities for improvement.
We seek candidates who are professional in demeanor, have direct experience serving high level executives, have modeled adaptivity and comfort with change, and who relish working and serving with others. This individual will under-promise and consistently over-deliver at a very high level of quality. Confidentiality is critical in this role: no confidential information acquired through the access of this employment may be shared without permission to any external or internal person(s). Preference will be given to candidates who have direct experience serving parliamentarian roles of governing bodies.
Executive Administrative Support
- Serve as executive assistant to the President and CEO (50%). The Senior Administrator provides high level, confidential support to the CEO and is instrumental in managing the CEO’s effectiveness through efficient time deployment.
- Provide administrative support to the leadership team as needed.
- Duties may be clerical, administrative, and project-based, and include scheduling conferences and travel, managing calendars, handling information requests, preparing reports and correspondence, preparation of expense reports, and liaising with board members.
- Perform special projects as needed
Board of Trustees Support
- Liaise with board members, coordinate activities, schedule meetings, confirm attendance, and ensure all meeting logistics details are attended to.
- Maintain the Board portal, ensuring documentation is promptly and accurately posted, and that permissions are up to date. Ensure conflict of interest declarations are submitted and processed timely.
- Document minutes of Board and Committee meetings.
- Responsible for retention of all Board documents, including bylaws, policies, resolutions, board meeting materials, rosters, and minutes.
- Board of Trustee meeting calendar scheduling, staff liaison
- As parliamentarian, understand and provide guidance on meeting rules of order.
- Reception and hospitality – greet and welcome incoming office guests of the foundation. Professionally greet and direct incoming phone calls.
- Assist with office management responsibilities, including ordering of supplies, processing incoming and outgoing mail, and other responsibilities as requested.
ü Bachelor’s degree is required.
ü Eight or more years of relevant experience; foundation experience a plus.
ü Superb organizational skills and excellent judgment.
ü Excellent demonstrated skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office is required. Familiarity with other applications is a plus: Smartdraw (diagram tool), Raiser’s Edge (CRM / Customer Relationship Management), Expensify (expense management), Smartsheet
ü Proven ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
ü Professional writing, speaking, and design skills, in English.
ü Strong communication and interpersonal skills across functions and levels.
ü Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment. Possesses strong critical thinking skills with an ability to find new ways of solving old problems.
ü Able to organize, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
ü Ability to multi-task and exercise strong time management skills.
ü Ability to adapt to changing deadlines.
ü Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituents.
ü Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.