The Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg (the Foundation) has a bold mission to end differences in health due to social or structural disadvantages to improve population health. To be effective in this mission, the Foundation’s internal operations must be efficient, sophisticated and nimble. The internal role of the Finance Associate is crucial to ensuring such efficacy so that the Foundation’s external impact can be maximized to its greatest potential.
The Finance Associate performs general financial operations responsibilities, including accounts payable, general accounting, financial reporting, and other financial operations functions, with a focus on accuracy, efficiency, and internal control. In addition, the Finance Associate supports human resources, office management, and administrative functions as needed. The successful candidate for this position will be a self-starter attracted to the role primarily because of his/her belief in the Foundation’s mission and purpose. Additionally, he/she derives satisfaction in being part of a team that will contribute to the Foundation’s growth by professionally performing financial operations and accounting processes, supporting internal and external stakeholders, and constantly looking for opportunities for improvement.
We seek candidates who are professional in demeanor, have modeled adaptivity and comfort with change, and who relish working and serving with others. This individual will under-promise and consistently over-deliver at a very high level of quality. Confidentiality is critical in this role: no confidential information acquired through the access of this employment may be shared without permission to any external or internal person(s). Special consideration will be given to candidates with a demonstrated passion for achieving race and health equity.
- Provide the highest level of service and responsiveness to employees, vendors, and other stakeholders in support of the Foundation’s mission.
- Process invoices for payment. This requires accuracy and efficiency, and includes data input, determination of correct coding, and attention to due dates. Support check processing.
- Maintain accurate vendor records in accounting system, manage collection and retention of forms W-9, and support annual and timely filing of 1099 forms.
- Reconcile company credit cards and process employee expense reimbursements.
- Receive, research and resolve a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account codes, vendor payments and resolution of discrepancies.
- Monitor aged payables and file annual unclaimed property returns.
- Maintain digital records of financial data in accordance with standard operating procedures to ensure compliance, completeness, and ease of access.
- Prepare journal entries and supporting documentation as assigned.
- Support for other financial processes, including payroll, financial reporting, month-end close processing, budgeting, annual audit, preparation of Form 990-PF and other IRS documents.
Human Resources and Administrative Support
- Prepare new hire onboarding materials and assist with the coordination of office needs for new hires in accordance with new hire checklist.
- Support office management needs, including office supplies, breakroom maintenance, incoming and outgoing mail.
- Assist with benefits administration.
- Other human resource and administrative tasks as needed.
ü Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree is a plus.
ü One or more years of relevant experience.
ü Excellent demonstrated skills and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is required.
ü Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office suite of applications, including PowerPoint and Word.
ü Proficiency using accounting systems with a demonstrated ability of leveraging technology to improve productivity. Experience with Intacct and Expensify is a plus.
ü Experience working with Fluxx grants management software is a plus.
ü Experience working with nonprofit accounting is a plus.
ü Proven ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment.
ü Professional writing, speaking, and design skills, in English.
ü Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
ü Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment. Possesses strong critical thinking skills with an ability to find new ways of solving old problems.
ü Able to organize, prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines in a time-sensitive environment.
ü Ability to multi-task and exercise strong time management skills.
ü Ability to adapt to changing deadlines.
ü Ability to develop good working relationships with internal and external constituents.
ü Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends.