Job Title: 211 Resource Specialist
Reporting To: 211 Resource and Text Platform Manager
Department: Strategic Impact & Community Engagement
Heart of Florida United Way’s Core Values:
Passion Dive in – Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
Authentic Be Real – Keep it honest and set the example.
Collaboration Live United Work together and mobilize for change.
Empowerment Own it – Be courageous and make it happen.
Overall Purpose of this Role:
To identify, manage and coordinate resource information in various HFUW databases and texting platform so it meets or exceeds national standards and fulfills all contractual and accrediting bodies’ requirements. To develop relationships and attend meetings with relevant community organizations for the purposes of expanding, updating and improving the quality of resource information in various databases. To provide support to both internal and external users of the databases with a focus on excellent customer service.
· Develop in-depth knowledge of local, state and national systems and services.
· Identify, maintain and update the databases in accordance with accrediting bodies, user requirements, and national standards.
· Provide reporting and program maintenance support within the text platform.
· Ensure that all functionality of the database software is maximized by both internal and external users.
· Motivate agencies and other information providers to communicate changes in their information in a timely fashion.
· Create reports for various stakeholders.
· Review websites, newspapers, agency mailings and other materials for data relevant to the databases.
· Communicate changes in the databases to users with clarity and timeliness.
· Understand and utilize LA Taxonomy to ensure that all information is correctly coded and easy to locate by users.
· Assist with presence of and tracking of social media and outreach coordination.
· Ability to perform remote work as needed with agency provided equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Have access to a private, secure and stable internet connection.
Attributes & Behaviors:
- Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
- Relationship-Oriented: cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
- Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
- Results-Driven: dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
- Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor’s degree in a field relating to health and human services or non-profit administration preferred.
· Two years of nonprofit experience preferred.
· Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) CRS/CRS-DC certification preferred.
· Bilingual English/Spanish desirable.
· Public speaking and relationship development skills and experience preferred.
· Data editing and data processing skills and experience preferred.
· Customer service skills and experience required.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint required.
· Experience in developing information products desirable.
· Knowledge of geographic locations within service areas.
Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, possible bending and lifting approximately 25 pounds; regularly using the telephone and standard office equipment such as computers, copiers and fax machine, regularly moving between floors. Reliable transportation required. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact and protracted concentration.
HFUW Benefits Package:
Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision) – on the 1st of the month following start date and HFUW pays 80% of your premium.
Company-Paid Benefits – HFUW provides all full-time employees with the opportunity to enroll in short-term & long-term disability insurance, as well as $50,000 in life insurance, all 100% paid by HFUW.
401k w/ Company Contribution – not only does your 401k start on the 1st of the month following your start date, but after 1 year of employment and 1000 hours worked, you will receive 5% contribution from HFUW, regardless of your personal contribution to your plan.
Paid Time Off – HFUW offers an extensive amount of time off so you can focus on your personal health, family priorities, and work-life balance. Full-time employees start accruing vacation time (2 weeks your 1st year), sick time (1 day/mo.), and personal time (2 days/year) off upon hire, with generous carry over and accruals.
Telework – depending on the role, most of our positions offer the ability to work from home either part or full-time, saving you valuable time and money! The benefits to many of working from home include time saved on getting lunch prepared for work, no communing times, and saving money on gas and wear-and-tear to your car.