TITLE: Planning Council Support Engagement Specialist
REPORTS TO: Planning Council Support Manager
DEPARTMENT: Business Operations
This position is funded by county contract and is subject to annual renewal.
Passion Dive in - Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
Authenticity Be Real - Keep it honest and set the example.
Collaboration Live United - Work together and mobilize for change.
Empowerment Own it - Be courageous and make it happen.
To provide administrative assistance and communications support to the planning body for the Orlando Service Area (Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, & Seminole).
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES:
· Provide routine secretarial support for the Planning Council Support including: word processing, copying, faxing, filing, publishing and mailing of correspondence.
· Generate, edit and share daily social media content (original text, images, video, or HTML) that builds meaningful connections and encourages members to take action.
· Build and execute social media strategy for increasing online engagement through e-mail, newsletters, texting, and the Planning Council website.
· Coordinate all meetings affiliated with the Planning Council Support including preparation of materials, meeting room set-up/clean-up, ordering food, and coordinating transportation for planning body members.
· Develop staff reports and prepare consolidation of reports for use by appropriate staff, consultants, and other interested parties.
· Maintain an e-mail/distribution list of local service providers, members of the public, and Planning Council members for distribution purposes.
· Assist in completion of planning body member appointment process and reappointment process.
· Transcribe and distribute meeting minutes at planning body, committee, provider, and other applicable meetings.
· Maintain Planning Council members’ conflicts of interest.
· Provide support to the Planning Council for events, outreach, and recruitment activities.
· Aid in the preparation of the annual data presentation, priority setting, and resource allocation process for the Orlando Service Area.
· Ensure receipt of planning body meeting materials to the designated County representative.
· Respond to requests for information from the public pertaining to Planning Council business.
· Maintain copies of all written and electronic records, including meeting notices, monthly calendars, minutes, audio recordings, and attendance sheets.
· Provide technical assistance to planning body members.
· Maintain inventory of all Planning Council Support supplies.
· Identify, oversee, and/or support innovative special projects that enhance the productivity and efficiency of the Planning Council, department and organization.
· Contribute to the overall organizational success by performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Physical demands include sitting or standing for extended periods of time, bending, occasional lifting of items weighing up to approximately 25 pounds, regularly moving throughout the building between floors, traveling to outside meetings, regular use of standard office equipment such as the telephone, copier, fax and computer. Demands also involve protracted concentration. Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license required. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s degree preferred.
· At least two years of experience performing administrative tasks.
· Advanced proficiency using computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, and WebEx.
· Ability to record/transcribe clear and concise minutes.
· Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills.
· Experience working with social media and WordPress preferred.
· Prior experience with HIV/AIDS related organizations helpful.
· Knowledge of HIPAA guidelines preferred.
· Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multi-tasking and organizational ability.
· Ability to handle multiple high volume tasks or projects.
· Ability to work alternate schedules which may include evenings and weekends.
Heart of Florida United Way offers a very extensive benefits package that we are very proud to share with you!
Medical Insurance (Health, Dental, Vision) – on the 1st of the month following start date and HFUW pays 80% of your premium.
Company-Paid Benefits – HFUW provides all full-time employees with the opportunity to enroll in short-term & long-term disability insurance, as well as $50,000 in life insurance, all 100% paid by HFUW.
401k w/ Company Contribution – not only does your 401k start on the 1st of the month following your start date, but after 1 year of employment and 1000 hours worked, you will receive 5% contribution from HFUW, regardless of your personal contribution to your plan.
Paid Time Off – HFUW offers an extensive amount of time off so you can focus on your personal health, family priorities, and work-life balance. Full-time employees start accruing vacation time (2 weeks your 1st year), sick time (1 day/mo.), and personal time (2 days/year) off upon hire, with generous carry over and accruals.
Telework – depending on the role, most of our positions offer the ability to work from home either part or full-time, saving you valuable time and money! The benefits to many of working from home include time saved on getting lunch prepared for work, no communing times, and saving money on gas and wear-and-tear to your car.