Job Title 211 Supervisor
Reporting To: Director, 211
Department: Strategic Impact & Community Engagement
Core Values: Passion Dive in – Create enthusiasm and inspire others.
Authentic Be Real – Keep it honest and set the example.
Collaboration Live United Work together and mobilize for change.
Empowerment Own it – Be courageous and make it happen.
Overall Purpose of this Role: Fulfills all 2-1-1 Crisis Specialist functions within their teams; manages team members to provide excellent and efficient service. Interacts effectively with people from all social-economic groups, and has a strong desire to provide appropriate help and assistance to any person in need. Supports the team’s efforts to achieve a smoothly functioning program.
· Have access to a private, secure and stable internet connection
· Answer inbound contacts in accordance with department guidelines. Intervene with a contact in crisis and support other team members during an intervention, in accordance with department guidelines.
· Completes third party suicide contacts and performs follow up for all suicide contacts as needed.
· Assist with and participate in case reviews.
· Conduct trainings and assist in the development of training programs for 2-1-1 staff and volunteers.
· Provide input in performance evaluations of staff.
· Supervise the work of staff, volunteers, and interns.
· Conduct contact monitoring as both a peer reviewer and as part of the evaluation process of staff, volunteers, and interns.
· Assess contacts needs and provides accurate referrals to appropriate community agencies, programs and services.
· Oversee and conduct research, updating, and adding of agencies to the database utilizing LA taxonomy, conforming to AIRS standards.
· Serve as an advocate for individuals experiencing difficulties or lacking in abilities needed to make effective contacts with agencies, programs or groups.
· Document narratives and statistical records accurately on all contacts in multiple databases.
· Work toward achieving all departmental goals.
· Stay informed on broad social issues, programs, and changes in services.
· Represent 2-1-1 effectively to agencies and groups via phone, chat, text, email and in person.
· Attend staff meetings, conferences and workshops in order to improve professional skills.
· Pursue certification in the areas of crisis worker and as an information and referral specialist, if not already certified.
· Ability to perform remote work as needed with agency provided equipment/agency approved personal equipment.
· Perform other duties as assigned, including working alternate shifts including weekends and holidays.
Attributes & Behaviors:
· Mission Focused: Create real social change that leads to better lives and healthier communities.
· Relationship-Oriented: cultivate and manage relationships toward a common goal.
· Collaborator: Understand the roles and contributions of all sectors of the community and can mobilize resources through meaningful engagement.
· Results-Driven: dedicated to shared and measurable goals for the common good; creating resourcing, scaling, and leveraging strategies and innovations for broad investment and impact.
· Brand-Steward: Steward of the brand and understands the role in growing and protecting the reputation and results of the greater network.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Two years’ experience on an information and referral or crisis hotline preferred with a satisfactory or exemplary job performance history
· Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Social Work or related field preferred.
· Prior experience supervising or coaching others preferred
· Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products, relational databases, and type 35 wpm.
· Ability to work in multiple client management databases
· Ability to effectively assess client needs and show sensitivity to issues presented by contacts.
· Good organizational skills with the ability to quickly adapt to a changing call volume while maintaining standards of high quality
· CIRS or Crisis Worker preferred
· Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
Physical demands include sitting for extended periods of time, possible bending and lifting approximately 25 pounds; regularly using the telephone and standard office equipment such as computers, copiers and fax machine, regularly moving between floors. Reliable transportation required. Job involves frequent and routinely intense public contact and protracted concentration.