Lamda, Inc. (dba Plunk) is a company that has built the first AI and Machine Learning platform to revolutionize the way homeowners, home experts, and investors value and invest in residential real estate. We combine the most advanced analytical methods, new innovations, and computer vision to turn residential real estate into a mainstream investment class. Our team is made up of data scientists, technologists, engineers, product managers, designers, storytellers, and most importantly–we are a team passionate about empowering all participants in the $180 trillion worldwide residential real estate ecosystem.
For more information, visit https://www.getplunk.com/
We are looking for a passionate developer who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new platforms and technologies, and work alongside other developers and leaders in the company.
The Plunk Data team is developing new analytical approaches to indexing and understanding residential real estate, with the goal of empowering homeowners to make the best decisions about their biggest investment. Data Variety, Quality, Recency and Completeness is the lifeblood of this effort!
This data engineering professional will help take advantage of new and existing data sources in support of Plunk’s analytical products. We are looking for stellar candidates who love data of all kinds, are masters are of building efficient, scalable, operable data pipelines, and are ready to take ownership in the following areas:
- Data ingestion pipelines for existing and new data sources
- Monitoring frameworks to protect data quality and consistency
- Pipelines to populate Plunk’s proprietary data schema from sources
- Data modeling design and data architecture skills to support reporting and analytics requirements
- Thought leadership in relevant tooling, architecture, and processes to scale data management 100x or more!
As an early-stage startup, we are looking for team members who are ready and willing to take on a variety of challenges and bring an abiding curiosity about the “what’s” and “why’s” of the data and technology. Specific qualifications we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other data-intensive discipline with substantive engineering experience.
- 5+ years demonstrated development experience using SQL, Java, Scala, and/or Python
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in data management (structured and unstructured) and modern database technologies
- Demonstrated experience developing data pipelines to support machine learning and customer-facing data product use-cases
- Demonstrated experience developing end-to-end pipeline orchestration (preferably using Dagster and dbt)
- Experience working with AWS services
- Ability and willingness to work in a lightweight Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to work collaboratively through ambiguity, with urgency, patience, and good humor
Bonus Points & Other Considerations
- Demonstrated experience with Spark or other distributed data-processing frameworks
- Experience working with real estate, economic, geospatial and/or demographic data
- Good “data savvy”, rooted in strong foundational knowledge of statistical methods and probability
- Significant, early-startup Incentive Stock Option (ISO) Equity package
- One of the best Full medical, dental, and vision insurance plans available!
- Unlimited PTO
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates regardless of regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.