Lamda, Inc. (dba Plunk) is a proptech company that has built the first AI and Machine Learning platform to revolutionize the way homeowners, home experts, and investors value and invest in residential real estate. We combine the most advanced analytical methods, new innovations, and computer vision to turn residential real estate into a mainstream investment class. Our team is made up of data scientists, technologists, engineers, product managers, designers, storytellers, and most importantly–we are a team passionate about empowering all participants in the $180 trillion worldwide residential real estate ecosystem.
Visit us at: https://www.getplunk.com/
The Lead Backend & Infrastructure Engineer position is responsible for architecting and delivering a next-generation high-performance data and analytics system that powers mobile and web applications, a SaaS delivery model, and works with our product team to develop innovative solutions that meet Plunk’s growing enterprise needs.
We are looking for a passionate lead developer who loves to tackle new challenges, learn new frameworks and technologies, and work alongside other developers and leaders in the company.
As an early-stage startup, we are looking for team members who are ready and willing to take on a variety of system scale and architecture challenges as Plunk builds the most advanced, real-time residential real estate analytics platform:
· Ensure the availability, performance, scalability, security, and automation of our technical infrastructure
· Ensure reliable measurement and monitoring of our products
· Maintain and enhance build/deployment process for continuous integration and agile delivery of our products
· Educate and support engineering teams to become self-sufficient in development and deployment
· Troubleshoot and assist in resolving production issues
· Prior work in a fast-paced, high-energy startup culture
· 7+ years of professional development experience having launched at least 3 products or services in a production environment used by real customers
· Proficiency in designing object-oriented architectures, to organize complex implementations into cohesive modular units
· Experience with distributed systems and service-oriented architectures, including strategies for delivering scalable, robust, highly available solutions involving networked components
· Engineering discipline to solidify infrastructure for operations / deployment / observability, data-centric automation (ETLs), and application stacks
· Experience with a variety of database technologies (OLTP/OLAP SQL, NoSQL)
· Proficiency with “cloud-native” operational strategies (DevOps/infrastructure-as-code, telemetry aggregation for observability)
· Pragmatic testing habits: competence with developing tests and infrastructure to protect key business functionality
· Great communication skills: ability to collaborate clearly with stakeholders in diverse disciplines using both written & verbal communication
· Ability to work collaboratively through ambiguity, with urgency, patience, and good humor
Bonus Points & Other Considerations
· Experience with functional-programming paradigms (immutability, referential transparency, functional composition)
· Familiarity with big-data computation frameworks (Spark, Flink, Kinesis)
· Experience building back-end systems for multiple SaaS and/or DaaS companies and platforms
· Plunk is located in Bellevue, WA and preference will be given to local candidates
· Significant, early-startup Incentive Stock Option (ISO) Equity package
· The best Full medical, dental, and vision insurance plans available!
· Learning: class reimbursement, conference, and training sponsorships
· Unlimited PTO