● Overseeing/managing a caseload of special education students and the implementation of their IEP/504 plans in: inclusive, self-contained, and pull-out settings.
● Ensuring appropriate delivery of both special education instruction and related services as stipulated on IEPs/504 plans.
● Ensuring compliance by the school with all local and federal laws and regulation relating to students with IEPs/504 plans and students referred to special education.
● Ensuring that services provided by contractual personnel are of high quality, provided in the LRE, and are aligned with students’ IEPs/504 plans.
● Effectively communicating to parents and guardians the special education process including process for referrals, evaluations, annual IEPs/504 plans, and re-evaluations as well as parental rights granted by IDEA.
● Facilitating IEP meetings using a strengths-based and family-centered approach Coordinating with student’s special education team to ensure all documents are completed in a timely manner (according to state, local, and school policies and procedures)
● Connecting with the special education team to ensure all team members (including parents) are prepared for the content of the meeting.
● Coordinating with a special education team to complete quarterly IEP progress reports and provide quarterly IEP progress reports to parents/guardians.
● Maintaining student files (paper and electronic) according to school and OSSE standards.
● Providing training and technical assistance to case managers, teachers, related service providers, and support service professionals on all aspects of case management: use of computer systems for the special education process, writing of goals, progress reports, annual reviews and parent communication.
● Ensuring IEPs are developmentally appropriate, curriculum/standards-based, strength-based, and relevant to individual students.
● Modeling and coaching of strategies to increase capacity of teachers to facilitate student learning and support student mastery of IEP goals.
● Facilitating bi-monthly Special Education Professional Learning Team meetings.
● Facilitating workshops/meetings for parents and teachers as well as identifying resources for parents and teachers of students with special needs.
● Maintaining confidentiality of student records and student information Other duties as assigned.