Storefront Academy seeks to provide children with diverse experiences and varied academic strengths with quality educational opportunities. We are committed to developing the whole child by facilitating social-emotional learning and arts exploration in addition to academics. We are developing critical and creative thinkers through student-centered learning experiences including projects and performance tasks.
Storefront Academy selects educators who are passionate about improving student learning and outcomes. For 2020-2021 the school year, we are recruiting teachers with special education certification who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
Special Ed Job Responsibilities:
· Provide instructional services to students with IEPs in the areas of reading, mathematics, and writing
· Deliver prescribed instructional delivery methods as determined by the student’s IEP
· Consult with school personnel to coordinate efforts in providing services to students
· Communicate and conference with parents providing information on student progress
· Manage and support an organized and professional classroom that is conducive to learning
· Support student and school needs in preparing to be successful on NYS State Exams
· Work closely with peers and administration to develop a multifaceted curriculum that integrates multiple subjects and approaches to meet the individual needs of students
· Lead classroom differentiation through curricular modifications, instructional techniques, parallel instruction, and integrated classroom strategies
· Assess and develop goals for the IEP process
· Implement IEP goals and strategies into an integrated classroom
· Maintain an awareness of the school's strategic initiatives and incorporate them into your work.
· Regularly and accurately report student progress and maintain up to date records related to student achievement, performance, and IEP goals
· Review data daily and amend your approach accordingly
· Take an active role in your professional development by identifying and creating opportunities to expand your skills to meet the demands of individual student needs
· Participate in IEP meetings and parent conferences
· Develop strong relationships with parents and students to create investment in school culture and academics
· Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules and collaborating effectively with co-teachers and colleagues