ActivTrak is a comprehensive cloud-based analytics service that allows businesses to gain insights on and improve employee productivity. As a freemium service easily installed on an employee's desktop to measure activity, the ActivTrak platform provides valuable aggregate data on a company's day-by-day performance, with information displayed on an easy-to-manage dashboard. The company's software is easy to install and data transfer is encrypted, ensuring protection and security.
The Position & Responsibilities:
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you plan an important role in ActivTrak's product development and support processes. QA Engineer responsibilities include building and maintaining our automated test pipeline, designing and implementing test plans, working with development in debugging and taking corrective actions, regression testing, and tracking quality assurance metrics. Your efforts are instrumental to the proper functioning of the ActivTrak web service infrastructure, hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with all phases of software quality assurance including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing. Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
- Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
- Experience using or ability to self-learn test automation frameworks and tools
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in at least one scripting or programming language
- Able to self-organize exploratory tests and utilize heuristics to get results
- Critical thinking skills and the fortitude to question the status quo
- Experience with leveraging crowd-sourced testing using Rainforest QA or a similar platform
- Able to use SQL to query and join data for testing purposes
- Experience with using API testing tools such as Postman, Runscope or SoapUI
- Designing and implementing a strategy for performance testing
- Able to identify and communicate basic security risks
Why Should You Apply?
- Advancement based on skill development, not tenure
- Dedicated team of peers and leadership
- Opportunity to work with and learn from a group of diverse and talented individuals with different backgrounds and cultures
- Casual office attire
- Work from home days
- Position located in Austin or Dallas (TX), or remote
- Also offered as a remote position
- Limited travel
- Limited physical demands
- Moderate noise level
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age.