ActivTrak is a workforce productivity and analytics platform that helps organizations understand how people work, whether in-office or remote. Our cloud-based user activity monitoring platform collects and analyzes data and provides insights that help mid-market enterprises be more productive and compliant. We have more than 7,500 customers and over 100,000 users of our free version.
The Position & Responsibilities:
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you plan an important role in ActivTrak's product development and support processes. QA Engineer responsibilities include building and maintaining our automated test pipeline, designing and implementing test plans, working with development in debugging and taking corrective actions, regression testing, and tracking quality assurance metrics. Your efforts are instrumental to the proper functioning of the ActivTrak web service infrastructure, hosted on Google Cloud Platform.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with all phases of software quality assurance including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing. Experience testing all layers of a web application, including front-end, service layer, and back-end testing.
- Prior success as an individual QA Engineer embedded within a product team
- Experience using or ability to self-learn test automation frameworks and tools
- Comfortable working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in at least one scripting or programming language
- Able to self-organize exploratory tests and utilize heuristics to get results
- Critical thinking skills and the fortitude to question the status quo
- Experience with leveraging crowd-sourced testing using Rainforest QA or a similar platform
- Able to use SQL to query and join data for testing purposes
- Experience with using API testing tools such as Postman, Runscope or SoapUI
- Designing and implementing a strategy for performance testing
- Able to identify and communicate basic security risks
Why Should You Apply?
- Learn from a dedicated team of peers and leadership. We value our team of diverse and talented individuals who come from different backgrounds and cultures
- We promote employee development and growth opportunities. We care where you will be in 3, 5, and 10 years and we're invested in helping you get there
- Competitive compensation packages including company stock options, bonus plan, health and dental plans, and company-sponsored 401k plan
- Annual rideshare allowance
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
- Casual office attire
- Flexible time off and vacation
- Position located in Austin or Dallas (TX) (locations remote during COVID-19)
- Also offered as a remote position
- Limited travel
- Limited physical demands
- Moderate noise level
ActivTrak is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. ActivTrak does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or age.