Qlaris Bio, Inc. is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO and to the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) to provide comprehensive administrative and executive-level support. In this position, the Executive Assistant will play a critical role as a liaison for the Executive Leadership Team to both internal and external stakeholders, including Board members, investors, employees, and other collaborators. In addition, the Executive Assistant will provide oversight of office management functions to ensure that the headquarters offices are run effectively and efficiently. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide comprehensive administrative and executive-level support to the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Medical Officer
- Additional administrative support will be provided to other members of the Qlaris team as needed
- Calendar management, travel arrangements, and meeting logistics
- Communicates directly as a liaison for requests to and from Board Members, Investors, and other external stakeholders on behalf of the CEO and CMO
- Schedule and coordinate travel logistics for domestic and international meetings
- Assist Board Members with travel arrangements, lodging, and logistics as needed for company Board Meetings
- Supports the Executive Leadership Team for meeting scheduling, agenda coordination, and the management of follow-up action items as needed
- Coordinates documentation review and follow-up with the Legal team to ensure timely document completion, signing, and archiving
- Assist in the tracking of invoices and payments in partnership with the Finance team
- Assist with onboarding of new hires, including logistics and office orientation
- Management of standard office functions such as incoming/outgoing mail, office supplies, food, visitors, and other related office duties
- Coordinate maintenance of the office and equipment with building management when necessary
- Other duties related to the role of an Executive Assistant as required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Fluency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- 5+ years of experience as an Administrative/Executive Assistant required
- Experience in biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical companies preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to thrive as a flexible and resourceful self-starter to proactively anticipate the needs of executives in a fast-paced, start-up environment
About Qlaris Bio, Inc.
Qlaris Bio develops novel, cutting-edge therapies for serious and debilitating ophthalmic diseases. Qlaris takes a creative and comprehensive approach to identifying fundamentally new opportunities to treat ophthalmic diseases by focusing only on cutting-edge research and first-in-class programs. QLS-101, our lead program, is an example of this approach: a novel compound invented at Mayo Clinic whose new mechanism of action targets a wholly unaddressed component of intraocular pressure (IOP), called Episcleral Venous Pressure (EVP), that was thought untreatable until now. QLS-101 is currently in clinical trials as a potential, valuable new treatment for glaucoma and related conditions for which EVP can be of critical importance.
Qlaris Bio was founded in 2019 on a Series A co-led by Canaan Partners and New Leaf Venture Partners with co-investment by Correlation Ventures and Mayo Clinic.